JG1 Game server news.

Butzzell

S!

In the same vein and because there is really no other place I can put it....I think80 minutes on the E3 vs DH2 mission is over long. I had 4 people join and leave immediately last night as they didn't have the plane sets and I hung around till I fell asleep waiting for the thing to end. Maybe 30 minutes at most...really its a super quick and dirty matchup anyway. no real reason for such a long drawn out thing. And maybe we need to think about either including some basic free planes with it OR only using the mission on occassion as it really does dissuade some people who join. Some ideas. On another similar note, I ran a test of my map last, got some questions about ground units for you. See you soon!

S!

Hett

I like the theme of the early planes but 80 minutes may be a bit long. I joined then quit but it's because I tried flying while listening to the meeting and the radial engine of the E.III was way too loud... I tried idling in and stalled just above the ground. So my K/D on our own server is 0-1 already.

S!

Ok computer program lesson time : "back door"

"A backdoor in a computer system (or cryptosystem or algorithm) is a method of bypassing normal authentication, securing remote access to a computer, obtaining access to plaintext, and so on, while attempting to remain undetected."

I am willing to post a list per mission in the members only section. This would consist of a non publicized target who's destruction would cause the mission to end.

For Dh2s vs E3 ( Which by the way only runs 70 minutes, I just did not want to change the text and I think 30 minutes is too short, how about 45?- Let the hageling begin !!! ) or any mission for that mater, I could place a balloon that is vulnerable at the German airbase. Killing it would end the mission. That way JG1 pilots could control the mission rotation without having to access the server.

S!

S! All

Well we keep climbing the server learning curve.

This week the server was down for a couple days. hett and I thought maybe we had done something wrong with the ini file. After several go rounds with the server host, we finally figured it out. When the game is updated, we need to also update the server files for security considerations.

Sorry about the delay.

One more lesson learned.

At present we have:

DH2 vs E3 at Lille - this is Air quake with earlies. It also lets us organize practice for flight manouvers and tactics. We can easily get into 2 on 2 or other situations to practice manouvers.

Autum at Warfusee - this is to practice normal ground level bombing and recons.

The Ant Hill - This is late planes and allows practice ad straffing trains and trucks.

Winter at Warfusee - This is the same as above but later planes and targets moved a little. HP and Gotha are air starts. The real challenge is landing the Gotha. Recons do not count if you die or crash. Landing the big planes will be esential in tournaments.

S! All

S! All

Hopefully we will be improving the site within the next few weeks Untill then I have set up a basic description page for our server missions. Warning! this link is off site. http://home.nctv.com/jojo/Server%20list.html

If you think we need adiitons or corrections, please post here.

The missions listed were quickly put together to have something on the server. We will be adding more missions as time goes by.

At this posint we have a stable unit that looks acceptable for Flanders in Flames. As we get the website in order we will move forward with FiF.

S!