Rudder pedals dead; Hotlead out of action for now

J5_Hotlead

Not to your extent, but I do understand what youre saying.  Regarding flying, attempting to explain some of the details of flying and "What we Do" to people can be frustrating when you noticed the glazed-over look in their eyes.  I personally have a bad habit of, if someone asks, "If youre in the clouds, how to do you land?"  Instead of giving the simple, short answer that they're looking for, I break out into a speech on the entire process, which inevitably results in the glazed-over look in their eyes.  Go ahead and attempt to explain hold entries, or the difference between precision and non-precision approaches, or even radial bearings

Not to your extent, but I do understand what youre saying.  Regarding flying, attempting to explain some of the details of flying and "What we Do" to people can be frustrating when you noticed the glazed-over look in their eyes.  I personally have a bad habit of, if someone asks, "If youre in the clouds, how to do you land?"  Instead of giving the simple, short answer that they're looking for, I break out into a speech on the entire process, which inevitably results in the glazed-over look in their eyes.  Go ahead and attempt to explain hold entries, or the difference between precision and non-precision approaches, or even radial bearings

Ha-ha, I know that look!  But I am even more terrible, I'll keep talking until they actually fall asleep, thinking they might snap out of it somehow when I present some exciting, sparkling story of unusual happenings   :lol:

Seriously, if you ever get insomnia, come talk to me!  Guaranteed cure, you'll be nodding off in no time flat   ^_^

Kameraden,

I have a set of those pedals, gave them to my buddy. Might just steal them back and pull the board out for you. Let me see how he reacts.

S!

If you do, just cut the wires.....I'll do the de-soldering.  Also you'll need a static preventing bag....let me know if you need one, I have tons of 'em.  Thanks!

If you do, just cut the wires.....I'll do the de-soldering.  Also you'll need a static preventing bag....let me know if you need one, I have tons of 'em.  Thanks!

Luft,

No problem, previous employment was with a firm that built NVG filtered instrument panels for the military and I have extensive industry experience. Can you check the board that failed for any noticeable failed components?

S!

Hotlead,

Wished I had seen this earlier. I have a set Saitek peddals you can have. As of late they started losing mapping on ROF. RoF only so I'm not sure if its the pedals, Win 10, RoF, or all of the above. It seems to do it before take off so I got in the habit of doing a flight control check. Its done it 3 maybe 4 times in the last 4 or 5 months. Which makes me suspect win 10 updates.

I have a set of MFG Crosswind's that I was waiting till I got a house or when my Saitek died which ever came first. So I'm ok with parting with them.

PM sent

S

Raz

Wow! Thanks Razwald! I will definitely take you up on that offer! :)

I just want to say thanks to everyone for the help and support. I originally posted simply to let everyone know the reason why I’d be absent for a while. I never could have foreseen the outpouring of generosity and assistance from you guys! You all are the best. Seriously! I am newly humbled and grateful to be a part of such a fine outfit.

To JG1 and to flying with you all again soon! Prosit! :D

Hotlead,

Wished I had seen this earlier. I have a set Saitek peddals you can have. As of late they started losing mapping on ROF. RoF only so I'm not sure if its the pedals, Win 10, RoF, or all of the above. It seems to do it before take off so I got in the habit of doing a flight control check. Its done it 3 maybe 4 times in the last 4 or 5 months. Which makes me suspect win 10 updates.

I have a set of MFG Crosswind's that I was waiting till I got a house or when my Saitek died which ever came first. So I'm ok with parting with them.

PM sent

S

Raz

All I can say is, if you're able to get those to Hotlead before Saturday the 27th, I'd be infinitely grateful    ^_^