Virpil MT50 Updates or better upgrades

Heinrich

2 hours ago, Heinrich said:

No idea if the software can manage that. Has anybody tried this already?

No reason at all why that shouldn't work.... it's just another controller.  A great idea, actually.

Can't figure out what there is possibly not to like about about MFG Crosswind pedals, though  🙂.  IMHO the only mistake he (or they) made was to make them too perfect.... once you buy a pair, you'll never need another, ever.  😉

10 hours ago, Heinrich said:

Tomorrow the VPC T50CM2 grip, T50CM throttle and ACE-1 rudder pedals will arrive which I ordered on the 5th July. I’m especially curious about the pedals. Of course I hope that they are for me an improvement over the MFG Crosswind. I will write a review after some testing.

Maybe also an unboxing review? Written of course 😎.

I’m thinking about using the old T50 throttle next to the new one, in order to have more buttons and of course the extra throttle axel in case of 2+ engines. No idea if the software can manage that. Has anybody tried this already?

Don't see why it wouldn't. It should read as two separate controls.

5 hours ago, Vonrd said:

I seem to recall that there was a limit of 5 devices that can be used for controls... but I may be hallucinating  😄

Not sure. I use 4 and have had 5 in but never tried to use my game pad as a controller.  I don't use my DSD controller at the moment. I could put it in and my game pad controller which would make 6. I will do it Sunday if I remember. 

I think possibly the "software" he's talking about might be the VPC Configurator software; but I'm not sure.

In that case, having 2 identical throttles might cause a slight problem, if attempting to save a profile to the correct one, assuming there was some difference in the way each one was configured.  However I don't think his throttles are identical, and so probably have different profiles.  And even if they were identical, you could solve that problem just by disconnecting all devices other than the one you wanted to alter and save to; then close the program, disconnect the first one and then connect the second one, and then restart the program, and do the same process over again.  You don't need the software running at all, normally.

As far as the games go, I don't think a limit of 5 is going to cause much problem, unless you have multiple multi-function panels, or something like that.  

3 hours ago, Luftritter said:

I think possibly the "software" he's talking about might be the VPC Configurator software; but I'm not sure.

In that case, .................................... running at all, normally.

As far as the games go, I don't think a limit of 5 is going to cause much problem, unless you have multiple multi-function panels, or something like that.  

Yes you are correct, I was talking about the VPC software suit. On the Windows side of it I have connected stick, throttle, rudder and 2 MFDs. If in trouble I can take one of the MFDs out because with 2 throttles I don't loose to much on buttons etc.

It works! I have both the throttles installed and have now 6 devices in total recognized by Windows. Tested in RoF and Il-2. Isn't that great, or should I say so far so good?

Best of all is the rudder, definitely an improvement over the MFG Crosswind. It's heavy and sticks to the ground as glue. No need anymore for extensions to keep it from sliding to the wall and at the same time the pedals move smooth enough that I don't need to apply brakes of the chair.