Hello pilots!

Guzzler

Hello JG1! 

I am flying IL2 since when it was introduced with the Greek squadron 335th. Since now I am in Ireland permanently and family needs doesn't allow me to join early I am looking for a group to fly after 20:00 GMT. 

I know the group flies around that time but I still cannot find other info I am interested in knowing to understand if the group is a good fit for me.

Which days do you fly Il2 forgotten battles?

Is there a commitment day like Sunday that most squadrons have?

Where do they fly and when?

How many pilots are active in the game?

Do they fly both axis and allies equally?

If someone could answer me those questions I would appreciate it.

• What is your Timezone?  GMT
  • Do you have a joystick or HOTAS? Mongoose CM stick and STECS throttle
  • Do you have TeamSpeak and Discord installed, as well as a working microphone? Yes all
  • Do you have VR, TrackIR, or a FreeTrack system for view control? TrackIR 5
  • What sims are you currently flying? IL2 GB
  • How did you hear about JG1? Il2 forum.
  • Anything else you would like us to know? I fly exclusively Axis but I am open to fly Allies as well.

Thanks

Guzzler

Hi @Guzzler,

Welcome!

19 hours ago, Guzzler said:

I am flying IL2 since when it was introduced with the Greek squadron 335th. Since now I am in Ireland permanently and family needs doesn't allow me to join early I am looking for a group to fly after 20:00 GMT. 

I know the group flies around that time but I still cannot find other info I am interested in knowing to understand if the group is a good fit for me.

Our European squadron usually flies IL-2 around 2000 UTC to 2100 UTC.

@Heinrich is the CO of that group, so would be an excellent person to direct questions to.

Which days do you fly Il2 forgotten battles?

We no longer actively fly IL-2 Forgotten Battles or any of the IL-2 1946 titles.  

We do fly IL-2 Great Battles though.

Is there a commitment day like Sunday that most squadrons have?

Where do they fly and when?

How many pilots are active in the game?

Do they fly both axis and allies equally?

If someone could answer me those questions I would appreciate it.

You can check out our calendar of activities here:

https://jg1.org/oesau/calendar/

The EU IL-2 group usually flies on Mondays and Thursdays.

On the web page, look for the "European Calendar (UTC)" tab.  It's slightly hidden.

I believe our EU squadron also get together at other times throughout the week as their availability allows.

Regarding Axis/Allied aircraft, while they focus mostly on Axis aircraft, they do fly Allied from time to time.

Thanks

Guzzler

If you're interested in joining, we can start the application process.

Let me know. :)

Hi Guzzler,

I am part of the JG1 EU group flying IL2 (based in Austria), nice to see another euro-based pilot interested joining us 🙂

Some Infos on your questions ahead :

- We are a group of 4 JG1 pilots flying frequently (meaning several times a week) together, and having one non-JG1-Friend that flys with us many times.

- I would say we have a preference for flying german side if situation on a map allows a free choice, but we do also fly allied side, e.g. because of balancing reasons or because the mission requires so. For your info: We fly many times on the wing walkers server, where nearly all of the missions are designed that way, that all human players fly on same side against AI. So here ~50% of the missions offer no other option than to fly certain allied planes. We like that server very much, simply because it forces you to fly also planes you normally would not choose....

- Our regular training sessions are Monday and Thursday evenings after 2000 GMT... I have kids too and our standard good night procedures hardly allow me to take off before 2100 CET or even 2200 CET... 😉

but there is allways the option that you find other interested pilots also on other days. For allignments and general coms we have a WhatsApp Group and a Discord Group

Looking forward to see u in virtual skies 😄

Salute

Etzel

Hello Guzzler, 

I see that Etzel was so kind to answer your questions already. If you have still questions you can ask them here or we could also meet on one of the JG1 Discord channels and have a talk, works sometimes better than typing.

CU HignRig aka Heinrich 

Thanks a lot for the info folks. I am looking to adjust and make some change in my schedule and I still don't know the days that I will be free. I think that will play a big role since I need to be able to sync with you guys on Mondays and Thursdays. It looks like it is going to be Tuesdays and Sundays most likely. I will let you know when I know.

1 hour ago, Guzzler said:

Thanks a lot for the info folks. I am looking to adjust and make some change in my schedule and I still don't know the days that I will be free. I think that will play a big role since I need to be able to sync with you guys on Mondays and Thursdays. It looks like it is going to be Tuesdays and Sundays most likely. I will let you know when I know.

Hi Guzzler,

Sounds good.  In the meantime, you're more than welcome to join us online when you see us on Discord.