Application - Phobos

Phobos

• What is your Timezone? -US CST
  • Do you have a joystick or HOTAS? - HOTAS and Peddles
  • Do you have TeamSpeak and Discord installed, as well as a working microphone? - I have TeamSpeak, Discord, and a working mic
  • Do you have VR, TrackIR, or a FreeTrack system for view control? - Track IR 5
  • What sims are you currently flying? - DCS
  • How did you hear about JG1? - A friend from another discord
  • Is there anything else that you'd like us to know? -Do you fly the Mirage F1? I haven't found any squadrons that officially do and it hurts me on the inside.

2 hours ago, Phobos said:

Do you fly the Mirage F1?

Just a few of us do and I'm, personally, out of practice. Our focus is Cold War Warsaw pack but we do fly many modules including WWII, Rotorcraft, Modern... F-14, F-16, A-10, etc but we're not experts at those. Our expertise is the MiGs, Hind / Blackshark and several of the FC3 planes.  

13 hours ago, Phobos said:
  • What is your Timezone? -US CST
  • Do you have a joystick or HOTAS? - HOTAS and Peddles
  • Do you have TeamSpeak and Discord installed, as well as a working microphone? - I have TeamSpeak, Discord, and a working mic
  • Do you have VR, TrackIR, or a FreeTrack system for view control? - Track IR 5
  • What sims are you currently flying? - DCS
  • How did you hear about JG1? - A friend from another discord
  • Is there anything else that you'd like us to know? -Do you fly the Mirage F1? I haven't found any squadrons that officially do and it hurts me on the inside.

Hi @Phobos, thanks for checking us out.

As Vonrd mentioned above, some of us fly the Mirage F1CE and F1EE.  I'm not sure if they've tried the F1BE yet.

We often use them in concert with the MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, F-5E, and F-14A to replicate IRIAF or IQAF forces during events.

We can definitely try and provide you with a squadron environment where you could fly the Mirage.

However, do you have any experience with the MiG-21bis?  That's our primary aircraft, so knowing it would help you coordinate with the group.

Either way, I'll send you an email to the address you used to register to the forums.

Hope to talk to you more soon.

4 minutes ago, Phobos said:

No, I don't sorry. I've looked at it a bit but it's never something I've considered buying

Knowing that the Mirage F1 is your primary aircraft, what other modules do you like flying within DCS?

As I said, we have MF1 pilots.  But only a handful.