Fokker DVIII and Pfalz DXII Skins

Vonrd

2 hours ago, Vonrd said:

Here's a quick one to get some ideas. In case you don't know where it goes:

C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\graphics\Skins\AlbatrosD5

v_!_JG1_AlbatrosD5_Ted.dds 5.33 MB · 2 downloads

Great basis.

I'd say that my Personal branding marks are a bit too modern looking on a period aircraft, but the Right wing number and the Fuselage roundel can for sure stay!

If we could make the primary color for the fuselage a primer gray or white (from the approved colors I think there's a white-ish-gray) instead of the Mustard/drab that would work really well. For details I would maybe add some checkering pattern on the leading edge of the stabilizer, red to the wing spars and a splash of the red on the lower wing TE or LE,  - maybe in a scalloped or Arrow head repeating pattern if the tempate isn't crummy and that isn't too difficult - and a red or black back-strap on the top fuselage and empennage terminating before the stabilizer and that's pretty close to what I had imagined. 

Really quick gross nasty gimp edit for reference:

Was great flying with you guys again tonight. I needed the rest. Thanks so much for being welcoming as always, excited to have a distinctive skin and attend my first tourney, even if in a limited role. image.png.6a0d114d415c8b36d274e5e5186d637c.png