Old War Horses Never Die

Baron von Helton

Good morning. I’ve been around for only a third of this squadron’s long tenure, but I do believe you were the original creator of this community.

Origins – March 1992 to 1996

In March 1992, Baron von Helton created Jagdgeschwader I “Richthofen”, an Online Cyber-Squadron dedicated to playing Sierra’s original Red Baron flight simulator.

Welcome to the current implementation of what you had started. 

Danke, danke! Yes, that was a long time ago, but hopefully I am back & can lend some help where I can. But I am woefully unaware of all the changes that have happened. I know some people went to Rise of Flight, and IL2 Sturmovik has a WW1 add-on, I take it? And UNLIKE Herr Goering, I promise not to treat any of you like crap.

S!

👍

As an aside, I have taken my aircraft from "Revenge of the Jastas" & ported them into the REAL WORLD. Observe:

20211113_183420.jpg

20211027_175432.jpg

20211019_163947.jpg

20211011_160627.jpg

2 minutes ago, HotleadColdfeet said:

Ach du meine Güte! 😲

It is a pleasure to meet you, Herr Baron! Thank you for forming this group! I joined in 2015 and it is the best online group I’ve ever been a part of. 😄

You're quite welcome. Let everyone on Delphi Forums, Wings of Valor, SWIISSA, and anywhere else they may be hiding that I'm back to lend a hand.

Wailwulf in particular.

15 hours ago, Baron von Helton said:

Kennscht mi noch?

😀

Hi vonHelton,

It's great to finally get the chance to speak with you. 

I joined JG1 in 2001, and was always fascinated by the early days of the squadron.  When I eventually became the CO of the group, I was able to take the records that vonJäger, Kessler, @EvLeep (vonLeep), @Lowengrin, and others had created to formulate a complete history of the squadron.

However, many of the early years (prior to 1997) are very sparse.

If you're interested, I'd love to hear your thoughts on what is recorded:

https://jg1.org/richthofen/history/

2 hours ago, Klaiber said:

Hi vonHelton,

It's great to finally get the chance to speak with you. 

I joined JG1 in 2001, and was always fascinated by the early days of the squadron.  When I eventually became the CO of the group, I was able to take the records that vonJäger, Kessler, @EvLeep (vonLeep), @Lowengrin, and others had created to formulate a complete history of the squadron.

However, many of the early years (prior to 1997) are very sparse.

If you're interested, I'd love to hear your thoughts on what is recorded:

https://jg1.org/richthofen/history/

Just leave me a pm or I can give ya my email.

S!