A Present

DeFreest Larner

Salute, all! 

I have a little present for you all. Seeing as 1C have been painfully slow in releasing 4K templates for FC, I decided I would 'retexture' the old RoF templates to 4K standard. Now, I haven't 'officially' put this out for public use yet, but I thought that I'd drop it off here a little early ;)

Introducing: The (un)Official 4k Albatros template! 

c59Ov2ph.png

The template comes complete with: 

• Completely new weathering to make the aircraft look like a real warbird!
  • Retextured and recoloured wood, designed to match the Albatros on display at the RAF Museum, Hendon.
  • Retextured and recoloured Metal surfaces, also matched to the RAFM's Alby.
  • New textures to cover parts of the 3D model that didn't exist in RoF.
  • Two interchangeable textures for the wings: 5-Colour Lozenge & Two-Tone Camouflage.
  • Weathering folder's visibility can be altered for more / less weathering, depending on your tastes (Default is 85%).
  • Edited Alpha Layer to eliminate reflective shine from wing surfaces. 
  • No Skinning expertise required. Just open it up in Photoshop and paint away! 

While I was at it I decided to give you something a little extra, and prepared four extra templates with the historical markings of your individual Staffeln, so that if you decide to make any new personal paint schemes, you can jump right into a template with your Squadron markings already in place! 

Jasta 4:

3LzyoTD.png

Jasta 6:

1yKiqjF.png

Jasta 10:

mnWItcc.png

Jasta 11:

XoFvYRi.png

One last thing: 

Unfortunately, I only have the file in .PSD format. I hope that's not a problem! 

Owing to the new 3D parts of the FC model, the template can be a little tricky to paint up, simply owing to there being parts scattered all over the 2D image! I'll do my best to explain where all the new parts are here: 

xu3JdPF.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINKS: 

Albatros Template: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BsUq9I7dQOXEZihSpvhaf9wf-1k0Dh3W/view?usp=sharing

JG1 Default Templates: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lZn91LmrPgUZRLwTmoYgv9cMVYiDcJjN/view?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...

Question, what does it take to turn those J10/11/4/6 templates into .dds files that can be used in game, as is?  They're very nice default skins and I think it would be cool to have them available, even without any changes or customizations.

Apologies for the ignorance!