Jump to content

DCS Summer Sale


Klaiber
 Share

Recommended Posts

I recommend picking up the MiG-19P for $24.99 USD. I think this is a very capable dogfighter that is very intuitive to fly. Much easier than the MiG-15 and MiG-21 in BFM/ACM situations, less complex systems which is a good starting point if the 21 intimidates you, and it is capable of taking more than a few hits and getting you home. If you do not have it, you are missing out!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shadepiece said:

I recommend picking up the MiG-19P for $24.99 USD. I think this is a very capable dogfighter that is very intuitive to fly. Much easier than the MiG-15 and MiG-21 in BFM/ACM situations, less complex systems which is a good starting point if the 21 intimidates you, and it is capable of taking more than a few hits and getting you home. If you do not have it, you are missing out!

@Chewie :D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Bought the 19 last night after I signed off of TS. Hopefully I will be able to fly it a little this weekend.

Love that for you! I have a really solid control scheme for the 19, so if you want to go over it sometime let me know. Out of curiosity what HOTAS are you using, Chewie?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I'm studying and watching tutorials on the Mig-15 in my hotel room. I'm thinking this should be the place to start since aren't we doing an online Korean War event on July 24th?  If so would like to be ready and participate. Maybe Monday night I could get some flight lessons? I'm hoping to be home some this weekend to get the controls set up and play with it a little before then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Flyboy said:

So I'm studying and watching tutorials on the Mig-15 in my hotel room. I'm thinking this should be the place to start since aren't we doing an online Korean War event on July 24th?  If so would like to be ready and participate.

So, there is a MiG-15 event this Saturday (3 PM is EDT, so 1900 Zulu).

But they have about one or two a month.  So, if you miss this one they'll be another.  Probably in July sometime.

image.png

What you're thinking about over the weekend of July 23rd is probably the joint European / North American practice for the MiG-21bis.

Again, the time is 2 PM is EDT, so this is 1800 Zulu.

image.png

6 hours ago, Flyboy said:

Maybe Monday night I could get some flight lessons? I'm hoping to be home some this weekend to get the controls set up and play with it a little before then.

I'd be happy to work with you on the MiG-15 on Monday.  I can be online around 9 PM EDT.  Would that work?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Klaiber said:

Is that the famous MiG-21 Split-S against the Israeli pilot?

No this is F-86 v Mig 15 where their descriptions of split s maneuvers during the engagements.
 

Has great interview with surviving American pilots and one story is especially incredible. His wingman has damage and leaking too much fuel to get back so he gets behind and pushes him for nearly 30 min to get him to friendly territory so he can eject. Sadly the pilot drowns when he’s caught up by his own chute lines caused by rescue helicopter roter wash  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That story on the F-86 being pushed was in the TimeLife series of books. 

The reason I became a pilot was my neighbor after we moved to a new house was Col. Harry Lester and he flew the F-86 in Korea and successfully ejected through his canopy and survived. His flight helmet was in the Wright Patterson museum back in the 60's. He gave me his resin model of his F-86 and the rest was history. I was about 6 at the time and never looked back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...