Jump to content

Klaiber

Administrators
  • Posts

    22,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1,290

Everything posted by Klaiber

  1. Just wanted to let you guys know that Part II is up. It mostly talks about the Battle of the Frontiers.
  2. Only $14.99!
  3. It would be awesome if Goat Sim and Farm Sim were compatible. Imagine the awesome online battles.
  4. ...we have Goat Sim 2014: http://kotaku.com/goat-simulator-2014-needs-to-be-a-real-thing-1515097524
  5. Wow! That's an awesome RC.
  6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXOYcd6KZ0E
  7. Ah! I do know Aphex Twin. And that awesome Come to Daddy video.
  8. I've never heard of Richard D. James' Analord, but I like it a lot. Pet Shop Boys are awesome, btw. Do you like Mike Oldfield?
  9. Here's what's been on my iPod recently: It's a bit eclectic. What have you guys been listening to?
  10. I noticed that too.
  11. Very nice! Always love watching your videos.
  12. Hey Guys, Just wanted to plug a podcast that I listen to all the time. Dan Carlin, one of the people behind Hardcore History, just did an introductory episode about the beginning of the First World War. It's called Blueprint for Armageddon I. It's my impression that he'll go through the entire war, in the same type of detail that he does in this episode: http://www.dancarlin.com/disp.php/hharchive https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dan-carlins-hardcore-history/id173001861?mt=2 I highly recommend listening to it. I listen at work, mostly. For those more interested in the Second World War, he had an excellent multiple-part series on the Battle of Stalingrad. I can't find a free link for it, but here's a purchase one: http://dancarlin.com/dccart/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&products_id=184
  13. I've been aware of Augmented Reality (AR) for a while now. But this is the first time I've seen someone try to use it for computer gaming. Reminds me a lot of holochess from Star Wars. Very cool stuff! Also, I loved the table-top D&D example. So cool.
  14. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/technicalillusions/castar-the-most-versatile-ar-and-vr-system Spies told me about this today on TeamSpeak. Can you imagine...
  15. Wow, you're right. I never noticed the raised lip until you posted the accident report. I guess he did know it was coming. Good post!
  16. Yeah, especially since it didn't happen immediately upon wheels down. It's got to be about 2 seconds after touchdown - just enough time to think you're okay, until you're not.
  17. Here you go. From 2005:
  18. PS: I agree with Hess - When The Sun Goes Down is awesome!
  19. Hey Renner! Great to hear from you. You know, I was going through some old files on my computer recently and found a bunch of screenshots of the two of us in our "new" Fw 190 skins. It easily had to from around 2005 or 6. I'll see if I can find them, and post them. Could be good for a laugh, as the birds are a bit tarted up. Also, I'll PM you our TS3 server. You should definitely stop by if you get the chance. While we mostly fly RoF and IL-2, we have a bunch of guys that play World of Tanks, Civ V, Star Wars Old Republic, Day Z, etc. Plus, it would be great to catch up. Talk more soon.
  20. Very cool! I always enjoy reading the Osprey books.
  21. Hi All, A long time ago, Moxy and I were looking for information on his grandfather. And we came across this website: http://www.aircrewremembered.com/Kracker/KrackerArchive.html It's a great resource. There is no comparable online resource for WW1 (that I know of). Though, the Ace list at The Aerodrome comes very close. http://www.theaerodrome.com/aces/index.php WW1 does have the "encyclopedia" books by Norman Franks and others, however: The Jasta Pilots, The Jasta War Chronology, Above the Lines and Casualties of the German Air Service 1914-1920. I have all four and they're excellent. There are similar books for the Allied powers. But I unfortunately never got those: Over the Front (US & French), The French Air Service War Chronology, Above Flander's Fields (Belgian), Above the War Fronts (British two-seaters), Above the Trenches (British), and Above the Trenches Supplement (British). I may have missed an Allied book somewhere in there... if I did, please add them below. I'd love to check them out.
  22. I saw this at SimHQ, but for the life of me can't find where. Regarding the video, I think Miss Helen was having engine trouble and performed an emergency landing in a field. Watch for the prop strike at the end (~23 seconds).
  23. Wow, that looks like a really great book. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!
  24. Welcome to the new JG1 Forum! If anyone is having trouble signing in to their post-migration account, you'll need to reset your password. Go to "Sign In" in the upper right hand corner of the boards. Then click on "I've forgotten my password", under the Password field. You'll then be able to reset your password by entering your username, or the email account you used to originally register. Hope this helps!
×
×
  • Create New...