Jump to content

Klaiber

Administrators
  • Posts

    22,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1,290

Everything posted by Klaiber

  1. Yeah, it was! Really intense match.
  2. I landed up buying the St. Mihiel campaign. Was the last thing I hadn't purchased.
  3. Regarding Cliffs of Dover, there is a Steam sale going on. http://store.steampowered.com/app/63950/ It's now 40% off at $5.99. I would highly recommend anyone who has not picked it up to get it!
  4. Speaking of Cliffs of Dover, there is a Steam sale going on. http://store.steampowered.com/app/63950/ It's now 40% off at $5.99. I would highly recommend anyone who has not picked it up to get it!
  5. S! All, The following JG I pilots are being recognized for their actions during the Set 1 Session 1 of Flanders In Flames XVIII (which took place on the 18 June 2014). Congratulations! Pour le Mérite Lt. Ferdinand Labroisse (posthumously, mission #1, 18 June 2014), for the destruction of 20 enemy aircraft within one streak. Iron Cross 1st Class OffzSt. Bruno Vikner (posthumously, mission #1, 18 June 2014), for the destruction of 5 enemy aircraft within one streak. Wound Badge 1918: Black Class Vzfw. Helmut Lipfert (mission #1, 18 June 2014), for being wounded in action 1 time within one streak. OffzSt. Richard (Vonrd) Ausweichen (mission #1, 18 June 2014), for being wounded in action 1 time within one streak. Prussian Air Gunner Badge Vzfw. Helmut Lipfert (mission #1, 18 June 2014), for acting as an observer / gunner during an official sortie.
  6. Hi Dudley, No worries, it happens. I'll adjust the final score to reflect the true outcome. http://forum.jg1.org/index.php?showtopic=2297
  7. S! All, We had a few discos last night, and at least one of them happened in enemy territory. Traditionally, discos in enemy territory have been viewed as a pilot capture. The reason for this has been to close a loophole that would allow a doomed pilot (destined to be KIA or POW) to exit the game during combat, claim a disco and then respawn unhurt. However, when Butzzell looked closely at the rules during Session 1, we quickly realized that they actually didn't specifically state that a disco in enemy territory is a capture. So, the question for the community is how to move forward on this issue? Do we self regulate, and use the honor system to say that discos in enemy territory are not captures. Or do we adjust the ruleset to specifically state that all discos in enemy territory are captures. Thanks all!
  8. FIFXVIII Set 1 Session 1 Results: Central Objectives Completed: 5 4 Artillery Spotting Completed Photo Recon Completed Allied Bridge Destroyed [invalid due to wrong aircraft] Entente Train Destroyed Secondary Supply Column Destroyed Entente Objectives Completed: 8 German Factory Destroyed Artillery Spotting Completed Trench Mapping Completed Photo Recon Completed German Bridge Destroyed German Train Destroyed German Frontline Troops Killed Reserve German Unit Destroyed Total Objectives Completed (to date): Central = 4 Entente = 8 . . . Server Stat Information: http://72.5.195.130:8000/tour/25/ . . . Server Screenshots:
  9. Hi Hawg, We had a great time last night too! Regarding team balance, there was close to a 2 to 1 split for most of the night. We had a few Central stragglers join late, so we never had our full compliment at mission start. I think at mission start it was about 1.6 to 1 (25ish vs 15ish). We're fine fighting at a slight numbers disadvantage. It's historical. But obviously, an extra 5 people would have helped. Next week, JG1 and BH should have a couple more people. But we can always see if we can locate an additional Central squad to take up the slack. One alternate possibility is to open FIF up to freelancers. I'm sure there are a bunch of unsquaded people who would love to participate. What are your thoughts?
  10. There was a post on the Rise of Flight boards that I liked a lot. It was from someone named BigQ, in reference to Jason Williams' statement about how "products get older [and] the return on investment fades". http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=602428&f=2#p602428 BigQ said: We all speak with our money. And our continued investment into Rise of Flight has been our way of telling Jason Williams and 777 that we'd like to see more of ROF. If 1C-777 no longer want to support ROF, then that's fine. It's their choice. But, like BigQ, I dislike the inference from Jason Williams that 1C-777 has been doing us a huge favor at the cost of their profit. We specifically bought ROF products to keep ROF in profit. It's not our fault that they've spread their resources thin with new projects.
  11. Thanks! Don't forget to join JG1: http://72.5.195.130:8000/squad/87/ Just log in, and the hit "join" under the Cross pattée emblem.
  12. I'm very disappointed. For the ROF community, this project just seems like double dipping. While I of course understand that there are different backers for this new project, I don't understand why it can't be added to Rise of Flight as an add-on... Either way, here's an overview of what I've read so far: The planned release date for Ilya Muromets (IM) is Q4 2014 with the Early Access program starting August 1st. The IM project has been primarily funded by the Russian Military Historical Society. 777 / 1C Game Studio (which I guess are now the same thing) have designed this sim while simultaneously working on the Battle of Stalingrad (BOS). So I guess very little has been done recently to ROF. However, rather than having the BOS engine, IM will have the same engine as ROF. Also, IM will have no career mode or anything that we'd see as a "new feature". The only things that IM will give us (that we don't currently have) is 1 extra aircraft (the Ilya Muromets) and 1 new map (the Ternopol-Chernovtsy-Stanislav region). Everything else is just a copy of ROF, save for the controls. The IM has been designed for a new control option that allows the mouse and keyboard to fly the aircraft. This is supposed to allow more casual simmers to fly IM. It seems like an attempt to appeal to "War Thunder" gamers. Either way, regarding the Ilya Muromets, this is the same build that was created by the community modder Korontari last year: http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=602394&f=2#p602394 http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=278&t=35966&p=516507#p516507 777 / 1C Game Studio purchased Korontari's build and finished it to their current specs. Additionally, as you can already guess, the "Austrian" Alb D.III mentioned in the write-up will be the same D.III we currently have in ROF. That said, IM is truly a stand-alone. There are no plans to ever integrate either the Ilya Muromets or the Ternopol map into ROF. http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/7197-1cgs-announces-ilya-muromets-flight-sim-development/?p=128321 And regarding the future development of ROF: ROF2, only mentioned in posts by Zak with zero details, will supposedly have the features and improvements of Battle of Stalingrad. http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/7197-1cgs-announces-ilya-muromets-flight-sim-development/?p=128348 http://ilyamuromets.net/forum/topic/11-1cgs-announces-ilya-muromets-flight-sim-development/?p=17 However, there is no indication that ROF2 is in development. It can't even be called vaporware, as it hasn't even been officially announced yet. Additionally, after the Hanriot aircraft is released for ROF (sometime this summer), 777 is going to assess what they're going to do with the ROF sim. http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/7197-1cgs-announces-ilya-muromets-flight-sim-development/?p=128350 Based on Jason Williams' statement that "as products get older the return on investment fades", I would say it doesn't look good. Which is a shame because I bought their add-on products in order to fund new ROF content.
  13. New announcement from Jason Williams regarding an Eastern Front sim, made by 1C Game Studios (which is basically 777), in cooperation with the Russian Military Historical Society: http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=41772 Here is a direct link to the game's webpage: http://ilyamuromets.net/ And it's features: http://ilyamuromets.net/forum/topic/3-about-game/
  14. Very cool! Great flight Schweizer. It's so weird to see you and not just hear your voice.
  15. Interesting debate, filmed at the Royal Geographical Society on 15th April 2014.
  16. You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal.

  17. Thanks to everyone who flew the FIF test last night! The 42's server was very smooth, and outside of a few scripting issues, things went really well. As far as I know, we're still good to start the campaign on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 @ 8:45PM EDT. Check back for more updates as we get closer.
  18. Hi All, Just a quick bump. Tomorrow, June 11th, @ 8:45PM EDT, we will have our first test mission on the No. 42 Squadron server. The No.42 will circulate the server password before the launch of the test.
  19. http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3965032/1 Enjoy!
  20. That is good to know. Honestly, I've always assumed that the kickstarter money was spent on the project itself. But I do question the proper management of that resource. I think these posts pretty much sum up my issues with Luthier: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3964998/Re:_Luthier_out._ED_is_in.#Post3964998 http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3965036/Re:_Luthier_out._ED_is_in.#Post3965036
  21. Yeah, that's basically how I feel about it. And this is basically why I'll always think twice before supporting a kickstarter initiative for something that has a strong possibility of being vaporware. Now that this project is being run by Eagle Dynamics, I'm confident that we'll eventually see a decent product. But, Oleg and Luthier have basically bled out all of my trust in them. And I'm actually glad that Luthier is no longer involved (though I'm sorry to hear that the kickstarter money is probably gone). Don't get me wrong, I completely understand that game development is a business, and that this industry is often unstable. Things happen. Especially in niche markets like combat flight simulators. However, for me, part of being successful in a business is cultivating audience confidence in your product. And while Oleg and Luthier, circa 2005, had that confidence in spades, they spectacularly managed to flush that all down the toilet in the years after.
  22. http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3964870/1
  23. Hi All, Just a reminder - in order to get Central or Entente access, you must officially sign up for Flanders In Flames in one of the two areas provided: Central Powers Entente Powers Not signing up means you cannot fly in the event. . . . Additionally, if anyone is having any problems with the forum, please let me know. This forum works best with Chrome or Firefox. Older version of IE will work fine as well. Newer versions of IE (version 11+) do not play well with IP Board. This is a known issue with IE, and is not the board's fault. To use IE version 11+, you must: Thanks!
×
×
  • Create New...