-
Posts
22,684 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1,290
Everything posted by Klaiber
-
That's really cool. I've always really liked cryptozoology, and the Tatzelwurm specifically. Obviously, it's a legendary creature from the Alps. However, interestingly enough, I've heard that there was a German comic strip in the 1930s which featured one as a character. I've never seen this comic or even know what it was called, so this could be apocryphal, but supposedly the I./JG 3 and II./JG 1 early war emblem was inspired by (and even looks like) that comic character. According to a few websites I've seen on the subject, it's a Tom & Jerry type thing, with the Tatzelwurm (in the Jerry role) living the high-life by taking advantage for the Farmer (in the Tom role). The Tatzelwurm steals apples, milk, etc. And the farmer can never seem to catch him.
-
Thought this was interesting (and funny): http://youtu.be/D-8gV4DJZUw
-
There are definitely some nice obscure awards and decorations there. Thanks for posting.
-
This is a great film. The book is amazing as well. My first exposure to it was back in the 1980s when it was used for the basis for Metallica's One.
-
Great footage!
-
Hey Moritz, Great to hear from you again! It sounds like you've been busy. I'll PM you our TeamSpeak 3 info. I'll be around tonight and tomorrow, so we can get together and talk a little about getting you all squared away. Or just PM me a time that would work for you and I'll see if I can be there. Talk to you more soon! ~Salut!~ -Klaiber
-
Just to make sure all bases are covered - If it's the D.VII F you were flying last night, did you make sure that your high altitude throttle was off when you took off? It's possible that the radiator on the crate was working fine, but that you accidentally had the high alt throttle opened up, which would cause your engine to overheat and seize in a few minutes. If it's not that, the best way for us to help you is probably to meet you on TS and go through all of your controls - just to make sure.
-
Hi Otto, I'm not completely sure what you mean, but here is a FAQ from Blackdog_kt on the banana forums: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24782
-
That's horrible. My thoughts are with his family.
-
Those are awesome! Great find...
-
BELGIAN AIRCRAFT - WITH THE NEW MAP YOU NEVER KNOW.....
Klaiber replied to Bowser's topic in Public Discussion
I wouldn't mind seeing an Eastern Front addition to Rise of Flight. If the Western Front can be viewed mostly as static "trench-style" warfare, the Eastern Front was completely fluid "maneuver warfare". And that would be an excellent counter balance to what we currently have. -
Here is the mega patch, which includes 4.07m, 4.08m, 4.09m or 4.10m to 4.10.1m: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=4088 After this, as Spies says, do the UP patch and then the RC4 Hotfix.
-
BELGIAN AIRCRAFT - WITH THE NEW MAP YOU NEVER KNOW.....
Klaiber replied to Bowser's topic in Public Discussion
I'm really looking forward to the CL.II also. But a D.II would really help fill out the early war plane-set for the Central Powers. Plus, it would complete the "a/c that Richthofen flew" list. -
I did find this link, which might be helpful: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,22.0.html You should double check this.
-
In TS, you should use whatever your comfortable with - II./JG1 or JG1, it doesn't matter. But in Rise of Flight, you should definitely use JG1_name. Hope that helps!
-
I think it definitely has something to do with the mod - like you're missing a piece of it or something. Not completely sure, however. Just make sure to bring your game to 4.101m and then install the UP3 and then install the RC4 Hotfix. Hopefully that works.
-
By designator, do you mean squadron prefix and Jasta?
-
Do you have IL-2 1946 through Steam? Either way, start IL-2 with UP3 RC4 enabled. When the IL-2 Selector pops up (which it should before game launch), click on Change Settings. Make sure your Game Type is Ultrapack 3. Make sure your RAM usage is 512MB. And make sure the following four things are checked. *Exit Selector when IL-2 Quits *6DoF / TrackIR enabled *Expert Mode (I know what I'm doing!) *4GB Address Space. Then save settings and try again. If that doesn't work, let us know.
-
It sounds like it could be a mod problem. Did you make sure to download and install both parts of UP? First the main UP 3 pack: http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/topic,4029.0.html And then the RC 4 update: http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/topic,1052.msg43814.html#msg43814
-
BELGIAN AIRCRAFT - WITH THE NEW MAP YOU NEVER KNOW.....
Klaiber replied to Bowser's topic in Public Discussion
It would be great if RoF had a few more Belgian paint schemes and Belgian-flown aircraft in it. They do have a very nice livery. Me, I'm still hoping that RoF eventually includes the German-flown Halberstadt D.II. But based on what's coming in the pipeline, I don't think I'm going to see it in 2012. -
Update: You already have an account with member access. Username: Otto Von Odir Let me know if you can't get access to it. I'd rather have you use that one, which was created back in August, and delete the one you just created.
-
Hi Otto, I'll give you member access again over here. Though you'll need to talk to Butzell, Wurger or Hett regarding Jasta placement. I believe one of them should be on TS tonight.
-
Great to hear that your up and running again! Re: COD, make sure to turn off the Epilepsy filter. If you don't, it's a stuttering mess. There are also some other tweaks you can do as well. Just drop by TS and we'd be happy to give you a hand. Talk to you more soon.
-
No worries. I'll catch you after practice.
