Jump to content

Klaiber

Administrators
  • Posts

    22,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1,290

Everything posted by Klaiber

  1. Haha. A cautionary tale as to why you don't feed emus:
  2. Klaiber

    Skins polls

    Looking good guys. I voted for all.
  3. http://www.cracked.com/article_19981_the-5-most-embarrassing-failures-in-history-war.html The Australian Army Loses to Emus, reads the title of #5. Yup. Emus... http://www.strangehistory.net/2011/07/18/the-emu-war-of-1932/ Had me shaking my head in disbelief... Klaiber's favorite quote of the day:
  4. Thought this was a good overview so far: http://forum.il2sturmovik.net/topic/146-what-we-know-so-far-battle-of-stalingrad/
  5. Merry Christmas Flatspin!
  6. http://forum.il2sturmovik.net/index.php?showtopic=168 Interesting information, a test video and some pictures.
  7. I think SH3 has multiplayer functionality. If you're ever interested in wolfpacking, we should get a group together. I can reintall it.
  8. I've added II./JG1 to the list of virtual squadrons: http://forum.il2sturmovik.net/index.php?showtopic=79
  9. It makes sense from a marketing and developmental standpoint. Take 1C's money and connections, and combine it with 777/NeoQB's ability to create a product, support it and keep it functioning. Still, I'm very surprised that the rumors were true... for whatever reason, I didn't think they'd actually do it. So, 1C Game Studios (1CGS). I think this represents the final purging of Oleg Maddox's legacy with IL-2 and 1C. My sincere hope is that they'll share, taking the best from both games. The map, object functionality and depth that is present within IL-2: Cliffs of Dover, and combine it with the reliability, ease of use and graphics of Rise of Flight. However, as Eis said, we're probably going to start having to pay for aircrafts, and updates, etc. Honestly, I think we've all seen that coming as the "next wave of the future". It's sad. But I understand they need to make a buck too. I just hate being nickle and dimed for things that aren't worth the money.
  10. Hi Richard, JG1 would love to fly with/against you guys. Currently, we are both a North American (EST) and European (CET) Geschwader. What timezone works best for you? If it's European (guessing your email address), than I'll put you in contact with Baron, the Jastaführer of our Jasta 6. They're mostly in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, so this will probably work out great. If you don't mind North American times, I'd be happy to set something up with you flying against Jastas 11, 10 and 4. Also, you're welcome to join us on Wednesday nights (9PM EST) when we fly against the No. 42 Squadron. It's an open dogfight for everyone in the community. It would be great if we could see some of the 1st Aerial Battalion guys there. Hope to talk to you more soon. ~Salut!~ -Klaiber
  11. Hey Brit, This was over at SimHQ. Immediately thought of you: http://www.theglobaledition.com/drone-pilot-ejects-from-office-chair/
  12. I would check out people's opinions over at SubSim: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php?s=3ab561085eb4f5edc60120d2a4138c85 Great community site.
  13. Silent Hunter 3 is very very good. Almost a classic. Especially with the realistic JSGME mods that people have made. The only downside to it was that they never implemented any Wolf Pack tactics for multiple subs. You're always on your own. This is a huge oversight if you ask me. But it may have been fixed through modding. I'm not sure. Silent Hunter 4 was just okay, in my opinion. I never bought Silent Hunter 5 due to bad reviews. Not sure if the modding has fixed it.
  14. Hi Geezer, Thanks for the invite! I'll re-post your TS info in the private areas of the forum so that the JG1 guys can get it (in case they don't already). I'm not sure how many people we'll have online, but we'd love to participate. Thanks again!
  15. Thanks for the heads up Butzzell!
  16. S! Voss, Congratulations on the formation of the =CAM=. JG1 is looking forward to flying with and against you all in the near future. Good luck!
  17. Hi Flatspin, Yup, we're good for this coming Wednesday (Nov 14th) if you guys are too. We've been really enjoying flying against you guys. We never seemed to fully run into each other last Wednesday, but the tension of wondering where you were was really awesome. Regarding a COOP, we'd definitely be game. Definitely let us know what Ring was thinking. Talk more soon.
  18. Thank you so much for sharing that video. Dave Sullivan did a wonderful job interpreting Michael Kelly's words. In honor of Armistice Day, one of my favorite poems: An Irish Airman foresees his Death, by W.B. Yeats I KNOW that I shall meet my fate Somewhere among the clouds above; Those that I fight I do not hate Those that I guard I do not love; My country is Kiltartan Cross, My countrymen Kiltartan’s poor, No likely end could bring them loss Or leave them happier than before. Nor law, nor duty bade me fight, Nor public man, nor cheering crowds, A lonely impulse of delight Drove to this tumult in the clouds; I balanced all, brought all to mind, The years to come seemed waste of breath, A waste of breath the years behind In balance with this life, this death.
  19. Very nice!
  20. Wanted to post this for no other reason than the fact that I love this band, and think it's criminal that no one has heard of them before. Plus, the song "Caratacas" had RAF aircraft in it's video. Always a plus. Here's their band website, if you're curious: http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk/ Wolf People are from the UK, right outside of London. They're a current band (circa 2010), though they sound like they could be from 1970. Here's another one to enjoy if you liked the first. It's called "Silbury Sands". When I first heard it, the drop at 45 seconds floored me. .
  21. Hi Geezer, Looks like a lot of fun! There may be a few of us around on Tuesday - we'll try and stop by. Thanks again for the invite!
  22. Yup, sounds great! We'll look for you on Wednesday!
  23. Holy crap! Been waiting for this one for a while! Awesome news. Thanks Lee.
  24. Hi Flatspin, Monday is good with us. Though, I should warn you guys that I'm currently in the path of Hurricane Sandy, and will probably lose power. If I'm out of contact, definitely coordinate with us via TS.
×
×
  • Create New...