Nvidia driver settings

Gus

On 9/3/2022 at 8:32 AM, Gus said:

Me too, Lip! Only got DCS, MSFS2020, IL2 and Elite Dangerous on that PC. Set up everything for VR.

How do you have Elite Dangerous set up on your Reverb?  Are you using WMR for SteamVR?  Or is there some OpenComposite trick?

Interesting.

Now that I have IL2 running in openXR, I followed the per-game installation instructions from Campbell Suter (ZNix) / OpenComposite · GitLab and replaced my existing Elite Dangerous 64-bit openvr_api.dll file.

Started the game, changed the games 3D graphics setting to "HMD (headphones)" and there I was, running Elite on my reverb in VR!

It was really a surprise, that after the recent patch 13 for Elite Dangerous, Open Composite and OpenXR Toolkit is running fine with it. Befoe the patch it didn´t run with OpenXR. I´m not sure if I even had to replace the openvr_api.dll, but the OpenComposite routine had to be executed to switch from SteamVR.

I´m into Elite Dangerous in VR since the very first days of it´s appearance as a crowdfunding project, but it never looked as good and smooth as now with OpenXR.

Very relaxing and beautiful game...  

• 2 months later...
On 9/9/2022 at 2:33 AM, Gus said:

It was really a surprise, that after the recent patch 13 for Elite Dangerous, Open Composite and OpenXR Toolkit is running fine with it. Befoe the patch it didn´t run with OpenXR. I´m not sure if I even had to replace the openvr_api.dll, but the OpenComposite routine had to be executed to switch from SteamVR.

I´m into Elite Dangerous in VR since the very first days of it´s appearance as a crowdfunding project, but it never looked as good and smooth as now with OpenXR.

Very relaxing and beautiful game...  

We can all use relaxing...

@Lipfert meanwhile I only rarely fly around in Elite Dangerous and enjoy that cool VR view of space and spacestations in my top-end engineered Cutter, Corvette or Krait 😊 - not so much time anymore to follow the community goals and story parts of the game. 

If you´re also playing Elite Dangerous, you can add my CMDR name: "Voight-Kampf", so we maybe meet some day in elite dangerous space. 

5 hours ago, Gus said:

@Lipfert meanwhile I only rarely fly around in Elite Dangerous and enjoy that cool VR view of space and spacestations in my top-end engineered Cutter, Corvette or Krait 😊 - not so much time anymore to follow the community goals and story parts of the game. 

If you´re also playing Elite Dangerous, you can add my CMDR name: "Voight-Kampf", so we maybe meet some day in elite dangerous space. 

I just might set it up again. Been awhile and I think I used my first generation Oculus headset before. Might twist your ear for settings in VR.

S!