BOX IL2 bug fix update

Butzzell

If you liked D.VII/D.VIIF at the RoF - you will love them at the FC  ;)

Sounds great :(

Hi Baron, not expecting a great deal of sympathy of course :), but would like to ask for feedback here rather than on the FC forum for now.

We rather like the Spad in RoF and, to be honest, not really loving it in FC. The 'static' numbers (top speed, climb rate etc) look ok, but in actual operation it seems to run out of energy much quicker than in RoF. Any control movement bleeds a lot of speed, resulting in difficulties zooming, maintaining altitude and energy fighting. Its almost suicide against a decent pilot. Can still hit-and-run of course, but its very much "one and done, come back later".

So the question is, was this noticed in testing and is is there an appropriate way to raise the issue with devs? I don't pretend to understand the technical aspects of aerodynamics very well, but could there be any errors in drag calculation when AoA changes, or is it more fundamental to the overall FC flight model?

S!

Hi Baer,

i understanding to you. In fact the Spad C.XIII was not build to maneuvering fight. His primary task was zoom and boom. This is not mine words, but Rene Fonck said. On other side - very good dogfight plane was Spad D.VII, especially with 185 hp engine. Maybe we will have him in FC too, but it is not official (maybe my presume only). In RoF had some planes not very correct FMs before last patch few years ago. Typical examples are Pup, Camel, Dolphin, Spad XIII, D.VII (first serie), D.VIII, Dr.1, Halb. CL.II... It was result to simplified physic. Some important abilities was impossible to be create. Now is situation different, and planes is so close to reality how is possible. Of course, it is also related to the level of HW.

Last but not least is fact, that FM of the planes of the FC is not finished. Every planes are still in progress in all areas.

Salute and personally I looking forward to every plane in the FC from both sides :)

Hi Baer,

... It was result to simplified physic. Same important abilities was impossible to be create. Now is situation different, and planes is so close to reality how is possible. Of course, it is also related to the level of HW. 

Last but not least is fact, that FM of the planes of the FC is not finished. Every planes are still in progress in all areas. 

Interesting, thanks for the feedback Baron. So i guess you are saying that the FC Spad is now closer to reality than RoF was. Ok, its going to take some getting used to, but we will!

Also looking forward to all the new planes and the sim's ongoing development. S!

You are welcome Baer. Don't worry you will have probably the best Allied fighter in the war - Dolphine. This beast is really dangerous for any German planes. In RoF had Dolphine bad FM and DM. Now it is different plane. Fast, agile, deadly. Heh, maybe I'll deserting to the Entente side :D

P. S. About Spad - as I said before FMs is not finished yet.

There is also something else to consider.

FC now simulates more systems like the carburator.

Especialy in Spad was in ROF quite popular to firewall the engine and nosedive to get from a dangerous situation.

This is no longer a good idea as you will fuel starve the engine in negative G's and loose power.

The rollover takes longer and gives more time to shoot.

Another thing is that the DR1 has no longer the glass engine it used to have in ROF.

In ROF you busted the engine if you dive for more than few seconds.

It can now dive more than few seconds and stay longer on the Spads tail in a dive.

The machineguns have less bullet spread and it's possible to aim and hit from longer distance.

They are all not so dramatic changes but all together make the difference.