HOTAS Warthog Woes

Vogel

I have a really bad feeling my Warthog throttle quadrant is fried.

My entire rig is plugged in using a surge protector, so it should be fine. However we just had a power outage, when I booted up my system a while after it came back on the throttle has no signs of life.

Target GUI doesn't register it at all. Win 10 settings under devices shows it still, but just says "driver error". I've tried reinstalling the drivers, but to no success. It doesn't seem to be powered up either none of the LED's are working.

I'm really worried it's been fried and is just a paper weight.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I can't afford to replace this right now!

55 minutes ago, Vogel said:

I have a really bad feeling my Warthog throttle quadrant is fried.

My entire rig is plugged in using a surge protector, so it should be fine. However we just had a power outage, when I booted up my system a while after it came back on the throttle has no signs of life.

Target GUI doesn't register it at all. Win 10 settings under devices shows it still, but just says "driver error". I've tried reinstalling the drivers, but to no success. It doesn't seem to be powered up either none of the LED's are working.

I'm really worried it's been fried and is just a paper weight.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I can't afford to replace this right now!

Vogel,

I had the exact same issue with my TrackIR, it was driver / USB related. Remove the kit from your system backup profiles and do a fresh install of TARGET / drivers. I almost bought a new TrackIR thinking it was fried.

Also, make sure Microsoft Store is not messing with the USB ports (annoying issue when combining). Leave Device Manager open and plug in each device, see what happens.

S!

I just tried what you suggested. Uninstallted target, unplugged my devices and did a fresh install and second reboot. Reinstalled HOTAS drivers.

Joystick and Rudders are showing up fine in devices. However, the throttle still shows up as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

Target however is showing the stick and rudders but no throttle.

EDIT: Now it's showing the throttle in devices but still has a driver error. I'm not very good at working with this software, possible to meet on TS sometime tomorrow perhaps and try to troubleshoot it?

6 hours ago, Vogel said:

I just tried what you suggested. Uninstallted target, unplugged my devices and did a fresh install and second reboot. Reinstalled HOTAS drivers.

Joystick and Rudders are showing up fine in devices. However, the throttle still shows up as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

Target however is showing the stick and rudders but no throttle.

EDIT: Now it's showing the throttle in devices but still has a driver error. I'm not very good at working with this software, possible to meet on TS sometime tomorrow perhaps and try to troubleshoot it?

Vogel,

Pick a time.

S!

4 minutes ago, Lipfert said:

Gus,

No problem, old school tech here and I get into support mode pretty quick.

S!

It's always handy having somebody around who knows what they're talking about lol. I'm free on TS whenever you're available bud. Still trying to coax some life into this throttle.

Good that you could have fixed it. May I point to Erhard´s post in the practice section: we´re going to a start a campaign on friday and you with the Harrier would be perfect addition.
Don´t worry if you´re not a super-duper pilot with the Harrier, me am neither, but we all are looking for having fun together. At least the Sidearms of the AV8B are easy to handle and a good  SEAD weapon.  

• 1 year later...