-
Posts
22,684 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1,290
Everything posted by Klaiber
-
Here is the campaign ribbon for FIF XX: It has been posted with our past ribbons, within the Session Results section.
-
FIFXX - Session 3 (3 December 2014)
Klaiber replied to Klaiber's topic in FIF Session Results Archive
FIF XX has concluded in a draw: http://forum.jg1.org/topic/2637-fif-xx-christmas-truce/ Thanks to everyone for participating! -
To paraphrase Norman Jorgenson: the guns of Flanders have stopped firing. A deathly silence now creeps over the pitted and ruined landscape. With those words, Flanders in Flames XX has concluded in a draw. This cease-fire will last until at least January 2015, when we will start preparing for another FIF campaign - Flanders in Flames XXI! New things are on the horizon for both the ROF game and this tournament. So I look forward to seeing all you in the virtual skies again after the holidays! A special thanks to all of the European pilots who woke up extremely early to fly with us. It was greatly appreciated! I'll post the FIFXX campaign ribbon later tonight. Honestly, it’s somehow fitting that we have our tournament end "peacefully" on the 100th anniversary of the Christmas Truce of 1914. We of course only play a video game, mimicking real-life engagements that happened almost a century ago. Our air battles are bloodless, born in the desire for camaraderie, teamwork, and friendly competition. But as we fast approach the 2014 holiday season, let us take a moment to think about those who fought in the real battles that we replicate. Let's honor them in our own way. And let's hope that our love of history, and sincere desire to keep the memory of the First World War alive, is enough of a tribute to those who sacrificed everything. “Still looking and dreaming, my eyes caught a flare in the darkness. A light in the enemy's trenches was so rare at that hour that I passed a message down the line. I had hardly spoken when light after light sprang up along the German front. Then quite near our dug-outs, so near as to make me start and clutch my rifle, I heard a voice. There was no mistaking that voice with its guttural ring. With ears strained, I listened, and then, all down our line of trenches there came to our ears a greeting unique in war: "English soldier, English soldier, a merry Christmas, a merry Christmas!" -- Private Frederick W. Heath
-
I preordered it too.
-
Yeah, I'm very impressed as well. This is a good move on their part.
-
http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44683
-
Hi All, This is a place for you to post videos of your DCG sorties! Thanks to idefix44 for suggesting this section. To kick things off, here is a video I found on youtube from someone named Kourgath223: Enjoy! And definitely post over on his youtube channel if you like it.
-
Just post the link, and the forum should do the rest. Like this http://youtu.be/vSb-nV8l2QY Which comes out like this:
-
'Ace Academy' from the Canada Aviation and Space Museum
Klaiber replied to Maushake's topic in Public Discussion
Cool! I'll check it out when I get home from work. -
I'd be happy to do this, provided Lo is okay with it. Just let me know.
-
Regarding takeoffs, saw this video and chuckled. It's amazing how realistically they've modeled the torque. I believe the engine fried because he didn't have auto prop pitch engaged.
-
At work. I can go to Google hangouts.
-
Just sent it again.
-
I sent it to you stubby1414 gmail account. I also sent it to Flat and Butzzell, but hadn't heard anything.
-
Hi Stubby, Check your email.
-
FIFXX Session 3 Results: Central Objectives Completed: 9 Artillery Spotting Completed Espionage Objective Completed Entente Aerodrome Destroyed Reconnaissance Objective Completed Entente Factory Destroyed Entente Bridge Destroyed Entente Ship Destroyed Reserve Entente Unit Destroyed Entente Front-line Unit killed Entente Objectives Completed: 9 German Factory Destroyed Artillery Spotting Completed Trench Mapping Completed Reconnaissance Objective Completed German Bridge Destroyed German Aerodrome Destroyed German Train Destroyed Reserve German Unit Destroyed German Front-line Unit killed Total Objectives Completed (to date): Central = 9 + 7 + 9 = 25 Entente = 7 + 5 + 9 = 21 . . . Server Stat Information: http://72.5.195.130:8000/tour/27/ . . . Server Screenshots:
-
Hi Navy, I'm not sure what's going on there. It could be server related. Or it could not be. Because it's sensitive information, I removed the image and will show Butzzell, Stubby and Flatspin. Thanks a lot for bring it to my attention! I'll get back to you ASAP.
-
It took me a bit to figure out how to download it. Then I realized I had to update my DCS, and then use the internal Module Manager. Haven't had the chance to take her up yet, but I really can't wait.
-
Cool, can't wait to fly it.
-
Hi Guys, As all of you know, we've been stuck on Mission #3 of the FIF XX campaign for the last few weeks. This has been due to server instability. But, as the old idiom says: "third time's the charm!" And the hope is that the server maintenance on November 26th may have helped stabilize things. So, this Wednesday, December 3rd, will be an official mission. The server kick off is 8:45PM EST. The mission start is 9PM EST. Passwords will be given out before the server launches. In order to prevent excessive kicks during the Wednesday mission, it's recommend that FIF pilots who are experiencing problems do the following: Delete the mission files with the Dogfight folder, located here: 777/riseofflight/data/multiplayer/dogfight Try adjusting your Network Settings in game. Cuban recommends: 1mb outgoing, 2mb incoming. With any luck, this should work. See you guys on Wednesday!
-
Really looking forward to flying the K.
-
Just got the ROF newsletter. They have two interesting sentences regarding the game's future: I'm curious to hear what they're planning.
-
http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44564
-
Hi All, Just saw this post from Zak_1CGS on the Rise of Flight boards: http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=44563&sid=c1ca4200e8ec11d274c1106f58a5772e I hope this helps our current situation.
