What are you guys watching?

Karl Spackler

On 3/8/2024 at 11:34 PM, wheelsup_cavu said:

I saw Dune: Part 2 on Sunday March 03, 2024.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15239678/

I did not see the original Dune nor have I read any of the books so I was not sure how much I would enjoy the movie. (Friend wanted to go who was a big Dune fanatic and I did not let them know that information before we went.)  Another thing I did not know going in was that the movie was 2 hours and 45 minutes long without an intermission as is the case with several movies of that length.

As for a review I found it to be an entertaining movie and I did not notice the time the movie ran until I got outside heading to my car and saw 3 hours had passed. That alone tells me the movie was good enough to keep me interested for that length of time since I did not leave to go to the bathroom or back to the concession stand because I was bored or uninterested in the story.

Wheels

We saw it also and I have read all the original books and seen the other movies. I have always loved sci-fi stories and never thought this type would have interested me until I was forced to read the first book for a Sci-fi literature class I took in college. 

This movie series is by far the best adaptation and even kept my wife’s interest (due in large part by the talented Timothée Chalamet who we also loved in The King and Wonka). There were a few changes from the book I think, especially at the end that I’m not sure about. So I’m currently rereading the series. 

On 3/22/2024 at 7:29 AM, Klaiber said:

Was this good?  I'm aware of the true story.  Am curious if they did it justice.

I know of the story but I am not well versed in the subject matter so I can not say how accurately it reflects the events told in the movie. From what I read in the WIki article they do seem to do a pretty decent job telling the story. Another thing I will say is that it is a cerebral movie without action sequences to push the story along. I am not certain anyone under thirty-five will have the patience to sit through what can seem to be a boring movie since it starts with Winton as an old man and most of the story is told via flashback sequences.

The subject matter makes it darn near impossible to find the correct terms to use to describe it in a respectful manner but I would recommend seeing the film.

Wheels

I'm not a drummer but I find this channel interesting at times.  They will have drummers on breaking down their songs. They have discussions on drummers but my favorite is this.  They bring drummers on and have them listen to a drum-less track and see what they will come up with.  It's interesting watching them break the song down before they attempt a play through.  I'm posting this one because he does a good job with Primus and I can't see Primus being an easy band to break down.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Amazon just released a new series Fallout based on the game. Fallout 4 is one of my top games of all time, and in fact I've been playing through it again for the third time, this time on my PS5. Previously played on PC, PS4 and VR (though was disappointed in the vr version as controls are way too cumbersome so didn't finish). We just watched the first episode and they did a fantastic job with the atmosphere, props, etc. Even down to the first aid kits on the wall, the stim shot devices, tv's and even some of the classic Diamond City Radio music tunes (I have those songs on a playlist that drives my wife nuts if I play it)....all like you're in the game. It's a different story line and location but it's all there from power armor, Brotherhood of Steel, ghouls, and of course vault dwellers. I'm hoping next episode to see some bloat flies 😅