ROF v. FC

Jaus

With the talk about the Gotha scenario, I went back and made sure that my ROF installation still works and flew a few missions.    Is it my imagination or is the AI in ROF way better than the AI in FC?   Sure seemed that way last night (not that they killed me, they just took more work 😁)

I know the sounds and visuals are much better in FC, but I sure do miss those old planes.

1 hour ago, Jaus said:

With the talk about the Gotha scenario, I went back and made sure that my ROF installation still works and flew a few missions.    Is it my imagination or is the AI in ROF way better than the AI in FC?   Sure seemed that way last night (not that they killed me, they just took more work 😁)

I know the sounds and visuals are much better in FC, but I sure do miss those old planes.

Good question, I never really flew against AI. I forgot how much I loved the control mapping.

S!

32 minutes ago, Lipfert said:

Good question, I never really flew against AI. I forgot how much I loved the control mapping.

S!

Yes, individual curves was nice for taming squirrely planes.  I used to use offset control curves as a kind of trim against planes with consistent deviation.    

I still have RoF installed.  Last time I ran it I had to do a google search to figure out why it wouldn't start from the launcher.  Some sort of update was needed.  Got it sorted, but forget exactly what the issue was.  I'll tournament fly either FC or RoF, although as I'm starting to run FC in VR more it won't be too long before there is no going back.

I had to reinstall RoF. Downloaded everything from the site, but the login gave me every time the Code #4 message for wrong pw or name.

A search on the forum hinted about stand alone version install vs download. I remembered I had bought the Iron Cross edition years ago and luckily I still had that box. Uninstalled everything again and used the IC disc. Perfect!