-
Posts
22,684 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1,290
Everything posted by Klaiber
-
http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/footage-of-the-dc-flyovers-emergency-landing-1705947436 Thought the video was interesting. It's a TBM Avenger, during the May 8th DC fly-over.
-
Hi Rookie, I'll drop you an email tonight.
-
Potential JG1 recruit with questions. (Rookie Ace)
Klaiber replied to J5_Hotlead's topic in JG1 Recruitment
Great! See you online. -
Potential JG1 recruit with questions. (Rookie Ace)
Klaiber replied to J5_Hotlead's topic in JG1 Recruitment
Hi Rookie, When we're in-between events (like we are now), we'll usually just jump on Wargrounds or Syndicate, and have fun. It's good practice, and it gives us a chance to try out different aircraft. When we're preparing for a tournament, or when a specific training issue has been brought up, we'll have more organized practices with specific subjects of discussion. Usually we'll train for the first hour, followed by a second "fun" hour on an open server. This way, we can try out what we were talking about in a "live fire" environment. Regarding a "leave of absence", just let me know you'll be away. We have a number of reserve pilots who stop back every few months. -
Potential JG1 recruit with questions. (Rookie Ace)
Klaiber replied to J5_Hotlead's topic in JG1 Recruitment
Brit summed it up nicely. Overall, JG1 is a fun group that really enjoys flying. We try very hard to focus on teamwork and group tactics. But real life always comes first. So, it's understood that you'll be around sometimes, and that you may not be around other times. It's been a lot of fun flying with you! So, I hope we'll see you at our practice on Wednesday! -
Hi Tzigy, Thanks for the application! I'll drop you an email tonight.
-
Very cool! We should try and fly.
-
I saw this in the news! Such a great story. I'm glad she got the chance to fly in a Spitfire again.
-
Very close call! Reminds me of the bridge scene in The Blue Max.
-
S! All, The following JG I pilots are being recognized for their actions during Bloody April V (28 March - 2 May, 2015), as well as for their overall contributions to JG I. Congratulations! Geschwader Promotions Vzfw. Kurt (Somnus) Shoenfelder (Jasta 10) - promotion to the rank of Offizierstellvertreter (OffzSt). Gfr. Joseph (Sepp) Rumcajs (Jasta 6) - promotion to the rank of Unteroffizier (Uffz.) Gfr. Daniel Braun (Jasta 6) - promotion to the rank of Unteroffizier (Uffz.) Bavarian Merit 4th Class Oblt. Stefan (Steewe) Schwarz (3 May 2015), for bravery and merit, beyond the call of duty. German Army Report "For gallantry in battle, but also extraordinary fidelity and essential service." Oblt. Fritz Butzzell (quintuple awardee) OffzSt. Richard (Vonrd) Ausweichen (triple awardee) Fähnr. Leopold (Lee) Greifvogel (quintuple awardee) Hptm. Baron von Faehig (triple awardee) Lt. Thomas Lahm (triple awardee) Uffz. Joseph (Sepp) Rumcajs Honor Cross for Combatants with Swords 1914-1918 "For 4 years of active service to JG I Richthofen." Fähnr. Peter (Sipi) Pfeil, joined JG I "Richthofen" February 2011. Lt. Thomas Lahm, joined JG I "Richthofen" April 2011. OffzSt. Georg Walarik, joined JG I "Richthofen" October 2011.
-
- awards
- bloody april
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Me too.
-
Also - saw this on Facebook today. Must have missed it, as it was posted on March 10th: https://www.facebook.com/leathernecksim/photos/a.1603722746517064.1073741830.1586481878241151/1603722659850406/
-
I definitely hope they release DCS 2 soon. The wait is killing me.
-
FYSA: TIE Fighter/X-Wing bundle is up on Steam
Klaiber replied to Karl Spackler's topic in Public Discussion
I loved these game. How does it play on your computer? -
Someone in the comments said that it might be a cover of Crosstown Traffic. I can definitely hear it.
-
I also found this footage of the Russian Air Force acrobatic team flying the MiG-15bis, circa 1955.
-
Hi All, Just a quick heads up. The DCG Video section is now a sub-section to the DCG Public Discussion section. Thanks!
-
Russian Air Force acrobatic team, from circa 1967: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=399_1361324946 Complete with "70s porn" music.
-
Is that a Saitek X52? Ridiculous.
-
The sale is over. But.... they updated the DCS website: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/ Could this mean DCS World 2 is around the corner?
-
And for those who don't have the MiG-21, only $24.99.
-
Cool! I was thinking about picking up Flaming Cliffs 3.
