FC Skins anyone?

Vonrd

7 hours ago, Butzzell said:

S! Hotlead

I changed color and replaced the image of your plane in the post.  I like it much better than the yellow on the other J10 planes. It is a deeper yellow with less neon. Is this ok ?

I also changed the download links to this color so you can try them in game

Fantastic! Downloaded it and looked at it in game. Thank-you so much! :D

On 7/17/2019 at 1:59 PM, Luftritter said:

@Vonrd/Klaiber/other:

Was wondering if the above had been accomplished, and if so, what the exact file name is now, so I can make sure mine is 100% correct.  Currently I have:     A_FDr1_JG1_Luftritter.dds

In addition, could my new Alb D.Va skin also be added to the main JG1 Consolidated Download file?    Luftritter Alb D.Va skin

It also needs to be renamed after download in order to comply with JG1 convention.  In my own game I have named it:     A_AlbD5_JG1_Luftritter.dds

Let me know if that's OK or I need to change it, so that we're all on the same page.

Thanks!

All set. :)

On 7/15/2019 at 1:52 PM, Butzzell said:

S! All

I have not done nay Albs because the 4 k template is not published. I am waiting for it to take advantage of the extra dirt, oil, etc.

I have done the D7 and D7f in 4k and then reduced to 2k.  These images are low res just to post here.  The text at the right of each picture is the download link. They are not zipped. They can be downloaded directly into the appropriate IL2 skin folder.

These are basic reproductions of skins from RoF. If any of these folks see a problem or want a change, just let me know.

dudley.jpg          D7 f            D7

Hotlead.jpg         D7f         D7

labroisse.jpg          D7f                D7

lee.jpg               D7f               D7

Vikner.jpg           D7f                  D7

MAUS.jpg             D7 f                     D7

Butz.jpg               D7 f                  D7

Google Chrome is blocking me from downloading these claiming it's malware which I know isn't true. Anyone know how I can over-ride it?

EDIT:

Got it figured out but I have to allow each one individually.

• 3 weeks later...

Another Dr.I skin by Larner, this time with a J10 theme befitting my new Jagdstaffel:

2019-8-5-18-17-58.png

2019-8-5-18-18-56.png

Download link: Luftritter J10 Dr.I

Admins, I request that this skin be added into our Consolidated Downloads skin pack.

Please rename the file  A_FDr1_JG1_Luftritter_J10.dds  before adding it to our skin pack, or if you download it individually and add it to your game singly, in order to differentiate between it and my other Dr.I skin.

Thanks!!

2 hours ago, Klaiber said:

Very nice!

Honestly, you should just keep the new skin as A_FDr1_JG1_Luftritter _B.dds.

This way, there is no confusion between the two when people install.  If they can't see it, you know they haven't downloaded it.

Naw....I love the old one as an all-out circus type skin which I would never throw away, because Vonrd and I worked so hard on it (ok, it was 95% Vonrd and a little Larner  😁).  Also, what's the harm in keeping it?  The main thing is if/when I use it, other JG1 will be able to see it/them.

Shouldn't really be any confusion, if they're both in there they'll see whatever I'm wearing; and I don't really expect that others will be choosing those skins....and if they did want to, the J10 suffix should make it clear for anybody familiar with JG1 paint schemes....even though in-game they will see the actual skin in front of them.

If that's not condoned I would let the original one go, but I'd hate to see that happen after all of the hard work put in by Vonrd, Larner, and to a far lesser extent, I.

Re-reading this I think I misinterpreted and you only meant the file name?

If so perfectly fine with me, but I'll need to know the final decision, as I'll need to make mine match everyone else's.

I just thought that if anybody was looking at file names alone, they'd have some idea as to which was what. B and no B could be anything; J10 at least gives some idea as to what it might be.

I bow to the will of the people. 😁

2 hours ago, Luftritter said:

Re-reading this I think I misinterpreted and you only meant the file name?

If so perfectly fine with me, but I'll need to know the final decision, as I'll need to make mine match everyone else's.

I just thought that if anybody was looking at file names alone, they'd have some idea as to which was what. B and no B could be anything; J10 at least gives some idea as to what it might be.

I bow to the will of the people. 😁

Yeah, I only mean the file name.  If you keep the new one with it's current name, you'll have two in people's skin folders.  Which is completely cool.  And it'll prevent confusion, as you have to assume that half of the people downloaded the new one and that the other half didn't. :)

10 hours ago, Klaiber said:

Yeah, I only mean the file name.  If you keep the new one with it's current name, you'll have two in people's skin folders.  Which is completely cool.  And it'll prevent confusion, as you have to assume that half of the people downloaded the new one and that the other half didn't. :)

Just a reminder that the original file should be

A_FDr1_JG1_Luftritter.dds

and the newer version would be

A_FDr1_JG1_Luftritter_J10.dds

So people could have them in any combination without causing any trouble.  For all other planes I plan on sticking to the first naming convention, without anything after the name.  Just this one case is an exception or modification to that format.

Well that was a mistake.  I was about to comment on the similarity of my D.Va wheels and Brit's.  Then I went into RoF and looked at the JG1 skins.  Damned if I didn't somehow duplicate Brit's wheels without even knowing about it.  It was about to become a design element on all of my planes.

I need to have a careful look at all of our previous skins to make sure I'm not inadvertently copying elements of other people's designs.

Brit / Vonrd, please let me know what you'd like me to do, considering I've copied you by accident.  My skins can be altered and re-uploaded if you want.

S!

😔

BTW Klaiber reacted to my original post, not this completely different edited version.  I'm sure he was unaware of my mistake when he reacted.

Just a reminder that the original file should be

A_FDr1_JG1_Luftritter.dds

and the newer version would be

A_FDr1_JG1_Luftritter_J10.dds

I changed the file name in the download link I provided.  So everyone should be all set now. :)

Well that was a mistake.  I was about to comment on the similarity of my D.Va wheels and Brit's.  Then I went into RoF and looked at the JG1 skins.  Damned if I didn't somehow duplicate Brit's wheels without even knowing about it.  It was about to become a design element on all of my planes.

I need to have a careful look at all of our previous skins to make sure I'm not inadvertently copying elements of other people's designs.

Brit / Vonrd, please let me know what you'd like me to do, considering I've copied you by accident.  My skins can be altered and re-uploaded if you want.

S!

😔

BTW Klaiber reacted to my original post, not this completely different edited version.  I'm sure he was unaware of my mistake when he reacted.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's a common wheel design (probably because it's so easy to do   😏).

S! All

Have moved rof skins over to FC.  I think they look better in FC.  Download link is the text next to the image.  If anyone needs a change, just let me know.  The download is not zipped or in a cover folder. It can be downloaded and transferred directly into your IL2 Alb D5 skins folder.

DudleyALBd5.jpg  Dudley Alb D5

HotleadALBd5.jpg  Hotlead Alb D5

LabroisseALBd5.jpg   Labroisse alb D5

LeeALBd5.jpg   Lee alb d5

Vik%20ALBd5.jpg  Vikner Alb D5

Maus%20ALBd5.jpg   Maus Alb D5

BUTZ%20ALBd5.jpg   Butzz Alb D5