Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vonrd

FC Skins anyone?

Recommended Posts

"While you were away" I asked Larner to re-do the red on my Dr.1 skin:

WHS4mOD.pngvIJHsX4.pngcTRyfHX.png

However, now that I am in J10 I'm not sure what the future of this skin will be.  Still trying to decide what the best thing to do is.  I do love it the way it is right now, though!  Thanks again for all of the hard work you put into it!  In some form or another, most of it will survive intact, I think!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Vonrd,

When you have the chance, would you be able to bring over my Alb. DVa skin from Rise of Flight?

Though, if you're up for it, I'd love for you to update it into the red / pink motif we had for the Dr.I.

Also, I never had a Fokker D.VII or Fokker D.VIIF skin.  Never got around to making one in ROF.

Would you be able to make one for me?  Based on this aircraft again?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker_D.VII#/media/File:Fokker_D._VII_USAF.jpg

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For my Alb Dv I request the same markings as my PD3, black spiral (Jasta 4), w/Black tail and blue ailerons.  The DVIIs, Black Nose (Jasta 4), black tail w/ blue Ailerons.

 

Thanks, you've done awesome work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knew....I just searched images until I found one that I felt embodied the "air knight" name.  I did lengthen the sword, though.

The Poles must have a corner on the market for that stuff.  You might also recognize that my forum avatar is a crop from a Polish WWII recruitment or propaganda poster.  A pilot from 1PL noticed that once and asked if I had Polish heritage, but again it was just the "air knight" thing.  In truth the maternal side of my family is from Germany and the name is Ritter, so I incorporated that into my pilot name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A request:

JG1 FC skins download file be updated with the following file to replace the former FC Dr.1 file that I had:

Updated Luftritter Dr.1 skin

The "zzz" prefix will need to be deleted from the file name.

This is an update to my original Dr.1 skin, in color hue only.  I'll also have a different Dr.1 skin later that will comply with Jasta 10 color traditions; and also an Albatros D.Va skin.

Of course if you'd like the most recent Dr.1 skin for me directly, please download the above file and rename the file by deleting the "zzz" prefix before replacing the file that you might already have for me. 

S, and Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vonrd said:

Looks good! Is Larner working on your skins?

He is.... you two are cut from the same cloth.  He seems to be somewhat of a paint junkie, and lives vicariously through me to some degree to get his fix for the colorful German skins.  He whips out 3 options and uploads them for me to see, in the time it takes to verbally describe something.

So long as he's not too busy and still enjoying this, I'll gladly be the benefactor  😊 At some point I'm sure I'll be calling back at your door.  You are both masters at bringing ideas to life!  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vonrd said:

I did a new DV skin Klai. Do you want changes? Or would you prefer to stay with your original?

DV Klai 2.jpg

DV Klai 3.jpg

DV Klai.jpg

That looks really great, Vonrd!

I had this idea of making the upper wing tips pink.  But I'm not sure how it would look.  Too much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S! All

 

I have not done nay Albs because the 4 k template is not published. I am waiting for it to take advantage of the extra dirt, oil, etc.

 

I have done the D7 and D7f in 4k and then reduced to 2k.  These images are low res just to post here.  The text at the right of each picture is the download link. They are not zipped. They can be downloaded directly into the appropriate IL2 skin folder.

 

These are basic reproductions of skins from RoF. If any of these folks see a problem or want a change, just let me know.

 

dudley.jpg          D7 f            D7

 

Hotlead.jpg         D7f         D7

 

 

labroisse.jpg          D7f                D7

 

lee.jpg               D7f               D7

 

Vikner.jpg           D7f                  D7

 

 

MAUS.jpg             D7 f                     D7

 

Butz.jpg               D7 f                  D7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Luftritter said:

He is.... you two are cut from the same cloth.  He seems to be somewhat of a paint junkie, and lives vicariously through me to some degree to get his fix for the colorful German skins.  He whips out 3 options and uploads them for me to see, in the time it takes to verbally describe something.

So long as he's not too busy and still enjoying this, I'll gladly be the benefactor  😊 At some point I'm sure I'll be calling back at your door.  You are both masters at bringing ideas to life!  Thanks!

I've put my psd template for the DR1 in Dropbox to maybe make it easier for Larner (it's a bit of a mess with lotsa layers  😲).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibhvhukb4rrzix6/FokkerDr1_JG1 4K Luft.psd?dl=0

I can provide the others if you want Larner... maybe we can swap some and learn from each other?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't resist some Alb D.Va previews (J10 theme).  Larner and I call it the "sine wave".  We went through SO many iterations; and all of them look really cool but we had to choose that which seemed to be the best overall.  It would take a book almost to post all the pics, but here's what we ended up with:

QSKeBvR.png

k3XeBai.png

 

.dds to follow shortly....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 3:52 PM, Butzzell said:

S! All

 

I have not done nay Albs because the 4 k template is not published. I am waiting for it to take advantage of the extra dirt, oil, etc.

 

I have done the D7 and D7f in 4k and then reduced to 2k.  These images are low res just to post here.  The text at the right of each picture is the download link. They are not zipped. They can be downloaded directly into the appropriate IL2 skin folder.

 

These are basic reproductions of skins from RoF. If any of these folks see a problem or want a change, just let me know.

 

dudley.jpg          D7 f            D7

 

Hotlead.jpg         D7f         D7

 

 

labroisse.jpg          D7f                D7

 

lee.jpg               D7f               D7

 

Vikner.jpg           D7f                  D7

 

 

MAUS.jpg             D7 f                     D7

 

Butz.jpg               D7 f                  D7

Lookin mighty fine there Butzell! Thanks for bringing those skins over to FC! 😁👍 

In looking at it, the yellows on mine seem to be a bit dark. Would it be possible to lighten them just a bit to bring out a little more contrast? Like maybe to this shade?

220px-Scandal_-_Yellow_album_cover.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2019 at 8:06 PM, Luftritter said:

A request:

JG1 FC skins download file be updated with the following file to replace the former FC Dr.1 file that I had:

Updated Luftritter Dr.1 skin

The "zzz" prefix will need to be deleted from the file name.

This is an update to my original Dr.1 skin, in color hue only.  I'll also have a different Dr.1 skin later that will comply with Jasta 10 color traditions; and also an Albatros D.Va skin.

Of course if you'd like the most recent Dr.1 skin for me directly, please download the above file and rename the file by deleting the "zzz" prefix before replacing the file that you might already have for me. 

S, and Thanks!

@Vonrd/Klaiber/other:

Was wondering if the above had been accomplished, and if so, what the exact file name is now, so I can make sure mine is 100% correct.  Currently I have:     A_FDr1_JG1_Luftritter.dds

In addition, could my new Alb D.Va skin also be added to the main JG1 Consolidated Download file?    Luftritter Alb D.Va skin

It also needs to be renamed after download in order to comply with JG1 convention.  In my own game I have named it:     A_AlbD5_JG1_Luftritter.dds

Let me know if that's OK or I need to change it, so that we're all on the same page.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...