-
Posts
22,684 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1,290
Everything posted by Klaiber
-
Hi Forward, Thanks for checking us out! I'll drop you an email later tonight. Looking forward to flying with you.
-
http://blog.nasm.si.edu/behind-the-scenes/wonder-womans-invisible-jet/ What an amazing piece of history! So glad the Museum of Flight in Seattle loaned it out.
-
Awesome short film shows Star Wars from the Empire's perspective
Klaiber replied to Klaiber's topic in Public Discussion
Speaking about Macross, did you hear that they've finally figured out rights? It opens the door to live action movies. http://kotaku.com/robotech-movie-might-actually-be-happening-1693723633 -
That's really good to know!
-
Hi Lastman, Thanks for the application! I'll send you an email in a little bit. Looking forward to flying with you.
-
Thanks Brit! I'll play around with this tonight.
-
Thought this was a cool article, especially since it talked about Romanian MiG-21LanceRs versus U.S. F-16CJs. http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/usafe-f-16s-train-with-romanias-mig-21-lancers-during-d-1692798167 There is also a mid-article link to a story about the Cope India 2004 air exercise, where modern US fighters went up against Indian MiG-21 Bisons. Here is a direct link: http://in.rbth.com/blogs/2014/02/16/cope_india_how_the_iaf_rewrote_the_rules_of_air_combat_33111.html Enjoy!
-
I don't know if I can, as Saturday is a strange day for me. But I'll look at my calendar and see.
-
Starting to download. May take a while, but I should be good before tonight.
-
That definitely looks cool.
-
I was reminded of this the other day, while thinking about my old VHS collection. Called "Russian Top Gun", it came out in April 1990. When I was in High School, I used to watch it all the time. Not the most riveting or accurate documentary out there. But I guess you have to keep in mind that it was released during the last year of the Cold War, about a year before the Soviet Union collapsed. Enjoy!
-
http://aviationweek.com/blog/we-didn-t-know-what-90-percent-switches-did Thought this was a very interesting article, especially their experiences with the MiG-21 and MiG-23.
-
I wonder if this means that DCS World 2 is right around the corner.
-
Hi Butzzell, Thanks for the heads up!
-
Yeah, they're blank for me too.
-
S! All, The following JG I pilots are being recognized for their actions during the Session 4 of Flanders In Flames XXIa (which took place on the 4 March 2015). Congratulations! Knight's Cross with Swords of the Royal House Order of Hohenzollern Hptm. Heinrich Maushake (mission #4, 4 March 2015), for the destruction of 11 enemy aircraft within one streak. Bavarian Merit 4th Class OffzSt. Richard (Vonrd) Ausweichen (posthumously, mission #4, 4 March 2015) for bravery and military merit during the course of Flanders In Flames XXI, as well as for an impressive 17 sortie streak. German Army Report Oblt. Fritz Butzzell (quadruple awardee), for gallantry in battle, but also extraordinary fidelity and essential service. Fähnr. Leopold (Lee) Greifvogel (quadruple awardee), for gallantry in battle, but also extraordinary fidelity and essential service.
-
Exactly. I have no idea why 777 would release a patch, and then never bother to check up on it. It really makes me think that they have no interest in ROF anymore.
-
Congratulations to the Entente Team! With a total of 36 points, and some very hard fought engagements, the Entente team has emerged victorious within the First Phase of FIF XXI. And to celebrate the Entente team's achievement, the FIFXXI campaign ribbon shows the RAF roundel on a striking purple background. But what was that? "First Phase", you say? Why, yes! After a month-long brake for Jasta 5's Bloody April V, Flanders In Flames XXI will return in May. This time, however, the teams will be switched. The current Entente (J2, J5, No.42, RAF 74, WW and others) will be flying German aircraft, and the current Central (BH, J9, J30, JG1 and others) will be flying British! It should be a lot of fun, and very eye opening! The scores for Mission 4 are shown below. . . . FIF XXIa Session 4 Results: Central Objectives Completed: 7 Artillery Spotting Completed Trench Mapping Completed Entente Aerodrome Destroyed Reconnaissance Objective Completed Entente Factory Destroyed Entente Bridge Destroyed Reserve Unit Destroyed Entente Objectives Completed: 10 German Factory Destroyed Artillery Spotting Completed Espionage Mission Completed Reconnaissance Objective Completed German Bridge Destroyed German Aerodrome Destroyed German Train Destroyed Reconnaissance Secondary Objective Completed Reserve Unit Destroyed German Front-line Unit killed Total Objectives Completed (FINAL): Central = 9 + 9 + 10 + 7 = 35 Entente = 10 + 8 + 8 + 10 = 36 (winner) . . . Server Stat Information: http://72.5.195.130:8000/tour/28/ (unrecorded as of this posting) . . . Server Screenshots:
-
I agree. Things tonight were basically unplayable. However, after the problems with FIFXX, all the squadron commanders agreed to a no cancellation rule, with the only exception being if the server / internet completely dies. That's why we kept flying... Stubby and Butzzell are working to try and fix the warping issues. The gunning issues, however, are up to 777. Let's all hope that they fix them soon. NJ, my apologies for leading you astray. This bug seems to be more virulent than we thought.
-
It was rumored that CoreTex Designs was working on both the F-5 Tiger II and F/A-18E. However, this company is listed as being a Non-Official 3rd Party. As opposed to Leatherneck Simulations, AvioDev, RAZBAM, VEAO Simulations, and Belsimtek (who are all official 3rd Parties). As a result, I'm not sure what the status is.
