Jump to content

Klaiber

Administrators
  • Posts

    22,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1,290

Everything posted by Klaiber

  1. Fred, if you could email me his emblem, that would be great.
  2. Very nice! Thumbs up.
  3. Sweet!
  4. They look great! Voted.
  5. Beautiful day! Great flying weather.
  6. Have to figure out how to update again.
  7. Thanks Fred! Btw: in the written tally for mission 4, I think you missed Wurg's third kill of No.42_Leigh @ 21:53:15.
  8. Excellent news! I really can't wait.
  9. That's an amazing gig! Seems like a great museum. Unfortunately, I've never been.
  10. That's a great story! Pretty crazy though.
  11. Those are great pics Lee! Thanks for posting them. Have you been recently?
  12. Really great news! Can't wait!
  13. This is great stuff! Thanks to Awdi. I found myself in the FIF V stats.
  14. Glad you were able to get things fixed!
  15. Cool, I'd definitely like to try out 4.12.1
  16. Very interesting!
  17. Very interesting! I'll get Spies' attention.
  18. Yeah, the Eastern Front in WW1 definitely had a lot of mobility to it. In fact, it's been said that the "roots of Blitzkrieg" were forged in the East from 1914 to 1917. From The Roots of Blitzkrieg, pg. 7, by James S. Corum (a book I highly recommend): "Almost all of the tactical experiences of the British, French, and American armies in World War I came from the western front, where the war was dominated by the problem of attacking and defending a continuous front of strong trenches. The Germans' experience was dramatically different from the Allies' because a large part of the Imperial Army served on the eastern front, where an extremely long front, open terrain, and fewer soldiers per mile meant that the war of maneuver was a normal feature of eastern tactics. In August 1914 the outnumbered German Eighth Army, using the superior mobility of the German rail system and possessing more artillery firepower, surrounded and destroyed the Russian Second Army at Tannenberg. In May 1915 the German Eleventh Army, commanded by General von Mackensen with Colonel Hans von Seekt as his chief of staff, opened the Gorlice offensive with a short but heavy artillery barrage and rolled over the Russians with the whole army. For six weeks the Germans advanced at a rate of 6.5 miles per day, capturing 240,000 prisoners and 224 guns for a loss of 40,000 casualties."
  19. If you're interested, WW1 in Europe in 3 minutes. http://www.jg1.org/tabid/117/g/posts/t/4855/WW1-in-Europe-in-3-minutes.aspx
  20. Thought this was cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4BdbPjLG24 Each slide represents 5 days. I posted something similar over on the Oesau side - WW2 in Europe in 7 minutes.
  21. I thought this was very cool. http://io9.com/watch-the-second-world-war-unfold-over-europe-in-7-minu-1440082473 Gives you a much better idea as to the nature of stalemate throughout the course of the war.
  22. Great to hear from you C4nucK! I hope that things are well. Take as much time as you need.
  23. You got banned because you typed "you gotta be shittin me"?
  24. Ha!
×
×
  • Create New...