Thursday night Wargrounds with US103rd

J5_Hotlead

Hey guys! Had a good time as always on Wargrounds this evening! Here is the archived livestream:

Had a near-death experience with a certain Dolphin pilot near the end of the stream. Salute to the pilot - he demonstrated amazing proficiency in the ensuing fracas!

Had a great time last night. I'm sitting at work banging stuff out while listening to the Twitch. I'm definitely looking forward to brushing up on my Scout flying and team flying skills. One major takeaway at Wargrounds is we really need to camp the targets close. I've made that mistake before and had to relearn it last night. You really need to be right on top of the target to prevent low level sneak attacks. 

One of the guys asked me last night on TS before we flew "How long have you been flying online sims ?" And   "How long have you flown ROF?" That was the main question. I didn't elaborate too long as I need to listen more and talk less at this juncture .   But no matter how long you've flown combat sims and/or been a real pilot at one time. Every new sim has it's learning curve. And ROF certainly does. I've only flown ROF for a month now and see where I'm lacking and where I'm simply rusty.

Aircraft recognition (partly due to my TIR not working)  and navigational awareness are two outstanding factors I will be working hard to improve. Lucky for me I contacted JG1_Hotlead the day I downloaded the game and he has gone out of his way to help scrub the rust off  and teach me tons of info I would have had to figure out on my own.

Cutting this a bit shorter .. (I'm sure that your glad of that. LOL)   I just wanted those I've flown with so far in JG1 to know I appreciate the warm welcome in the cold skies.

I'm hoping to learn all your names and put them with the voices .

Prost

Sturtz

Salute all!

Had a great time as usual on Wargrounds tonight! Got to give my new MFG pedals a real baptism of fire, and I was quite pleased with their performance. A highlight of the night was one of the most tense engagements of my ROF career. You can see it from beginning to end starting at the 1:23:30 mark and ending at the 1:38:30 mark. When facing superior numbers, pre-engagement positioning is key.

I'll see you all again next Thursday on Cuban's server! :D

Hotlead,

Wonderful, I think we might need to have a discussion regarding the Rise of Flight graphic tweaking that I helped you setup. It would appear the group have vastly different abilities to spot in the simulation during this mission as a unit, some good and some bad.

Just so everyone knows, I had a really big problem with spotting in Rise of Flight for a very long time. Quite by accident I was tweaking Battle of Stalingrad and found out my Rise of Flight issue was resolved.

Here is a refresher, things have changed but I'm pretty sure we should create a common baseline for the unit.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/61597527

S!

Thanks Lipfert!

Regarding ReShade, I’m not quite sure what you’re getting at. Do you want me to change my settings? I personally like them how they are.

Hotlead,

No, what I was trying to convey is that others are not getting the same result.

Based on the excellent Twitch stream you posted (really enjoyed it), you are in the golden sweet spot for quality and identification.

S!

Hotlead,

No, what I was trying to convey is that others are not getting the same result.

Based on the excellent Twitch stream you posted (really enjoyed it), you are in the golden sweet spot for quality and identification.

S!

Ah, ok! I’d be glad to go over my settings when I get a chance. :)

Great flying yesterday. That was the type of flying and teamwork I hoped for when I enter the ROF world.

Glad you had a good time! As I’ve said before, if you hadn’t spotted those SPADs as early as you did, the whole engagement would have gone differently. That first bounce went like clockwork. I have to agree with what you said just after the bounce: “That was freaking exhilarating!!!†:D

By the way, listening to the twitch stream this morning, I realized the reason my mic was hot all the time was because I was feeding in the web cam mic. My normal headset is voice activated. So that's why you heard all that racket when I was typing etc. 

Salute all!

Had a great time as usual on Wargrounds tonight! Got to give my new MFG pedals a real baptism of fire, and I was quite pleased with their performance. A highlight of the night was one of the most tense engagements of my ROF career. You can see it from beginning to end starting at the 1:23:30 mark and ending at the 1:38:30 mark. When facing superior numbers, pre-engagement positioning is key.

I'll see you all again next Thursday on Cuban's server! :D

Very impressive that your engagement took place at 5,000 m !  Good to see some realism taking place in MMP.  I think US103 gets a lot of credit for that.  It's good to see them flying as an organized unit that provides a skilled opposing force.  S! to Hunter for bringing that to these sessions.

• 2 weeks later...

Had fun times this evening! Had a few close calls where I felt lucky to be alive. Highlight of the evening? Fending off 4-5 SPADs with JG1_Shadepiece and living to tell the tale. You can see the archived livestream here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/244461581

We'll be back on Cuban's server next Thursday! B) 

Guys, the thatch and weave we started performing is around 1:11:00 in. I think you guys will be thoroughly entertained if you watch the next 7-8 minutes from that point.

It was really well preformed by us both, and I think it'd be beneficial for us all to know how to pull this off. This is by far the best way to deal with Spads!

Sorry I didn't get together with you guys last night.  I kind of need a vacation from my vacation, so I played it lazy.  Driving from the top of the US to the bottom and back on I-75 is just not as fun as you might think   :lol: .  I've developed a special hatred for the Dayton-Cincinnati area, the  Atlanta-Macon area, and the Tampa-Sarasota area.  I must have been held up by at least 15 accidents in those areas during the entire trip.  Add to that bad driving weather at times, and a fear of driving on high places south of Kentucky / north of Knoxville, and it just doesn't seem like anything I'm ever going to enjoy.

I hope to have a better inclination to fly again soon....shoot me a text if you want help.

S!