Thursday night Wargrounds with US103rd

J5_Hotlead

Salute all! Here is the archived livestream for tonight's fly-in! For a change, JG1 took Entente crates. Had an interesting time, including a super-long high altitude stalking contest with J2_Adam and J2_Wulfe. I kept waiting for you guys to lose patience, but it didn't happen lol! 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/257453367

I'll see you all again next Thursday on Wargrounds! :) 

Salute all! Here is the archived livestream for tonight's fly-in! For a change, JG1 took Entente crates. Had an interesting time, including a super-long high altitude stalking contest with J2_Adam and J2_Wulfe. I kept waiting for you guys to lose patience, but it didn't happen lol! 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/257453367

I'll see you all again next Thursday on Wargrounds! :)

On our last sortie, turns out it was me that forced Adam out of the fight:  Stats  (see log)

Didn't want to claim any credit when he said good bounce, thought it could have been Vik that got shots on him too.  Like Vik said, it was great teamwork, making the best out of a less than optimal situation.

Pleasure flying with you guys, as always!  S!

Indeed! I was surprised that you guys were able to get in on him. It just shows if we keep our heads and keep alive, we can be poised to strike if an opportunity presents itself. I was very impressed with how both you and Vik positioned to attack as I dove away with Adam on my 6. Like a well-oiled machine, we were. :)

Salute all! My latest virtual pilot started things off with a bang. We had an absolutely wild evening on Wargrounds tonight! You can see the archived livestream here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/260007828

You can also see a highlight of a 10 minute brawl with JG1_Luftritter, JG1_Sturtz, and myself:

We will be flying again next Thursday on Cuban's server!

Between the 2 of us, we accounted for 6 planes in that sortie, plus the one Sturtz got.  You should look at the Wargrounds server stats when you have time; all of us, and the enemies too....it shows a lot about what went on.  There was one guy I shot and he spun in, and didn't even get credit for that.  We shot a lot of enemies off each other's six!  Great job, awesome team work!  S!

Wanted to add that our newer members are doing great....an excellent addition to JG1!  Nobody in our squad is to be trifled with now!  Although in the stats it may look like a couple of other squads are better, we've flown far fewer sorties than them, and still right up there.  Well done and good show in the server, gents!  S!

Thanks to guys like you Luft. 

Lesson 1.   I stayed down too long in the shark tank and got bit last night. I did not make that mistake a second time. 

Lesson 2.   The mud is a deadly place to be low due to not seeing what can fly through the cloud of smoke .

Thank you for all the help kameraden  ! 

Salute all! Had a lot of fun this evening, despite me getting home a little late. We had everything tonight from high-alt engagements to on the deck bandit chases - not to mention a case study on the multiple ways pilots can break a Pfalz D.XII on landing or takeoff lol!

Here is the archived Twitch stream:

I will see you all again next Thursday on Wargrounds! :D

Listened to your post-stream commentary, and I don't want you to get the wrong idea about the engagement in which I separated.  I judged that you didn't need my help with the R.E.8 and so made the decision to separate and try to help the others.  When I said that it was amazing how quickly one becomes alone, I meant that when I dove in, there was Butzzell, Vonrd, and GenMarkof in that area (maybe more?), and for one reason or another they all disappeared very quickly through no fault of their own by reason of being attacked.

Although I was lucky enough to have caught Loopy with a good bounce, I was low when Hook arrived.  I really had no options at that point since I can't outrun a SPAD at ground level, and Hook knows his plane and mine, and knew he could out-turn me, which is a thing you'd normally never try in a SPAD, but against a Pfalz D.XII it's the best option.  I barely kept alive through scissoring, and when I saw an opportunity, I tried to make good an escape.  In retrospect I should have stuck with the maneuvering, although I doubt it would have ended any differently.  In the end, took a bullet or two from Hook and then I blew up my own engine through using too much altitude throttle for too long and of course dorfed the landing.

S! to Hook, Razwald and Loopy for fights well fought!   B)  Hope you all can make it to FiF Saturday!

Luft,,, I should have stayed on your six when you dove in instead of sticking with Hotlead. Next time holler at me to follow you and we can drag and bag a few .

I didn't expect that either, Sturtz, although you would have been welcomed.  I knew you could go either way, but since HL was the flight leader, you make the correct decision.

In any engagement, flights are expected to get separated at some point.  Just think of that R.E.8 as a part of a very large engagement.  He was passing through the general area, which is why the whole situation evolved in the first place.  Technically I did the wrong thing by telling HL I was breaking off, instead of asking.  Most people know I play things a little loose and go rogue now and then.  However, I have little doubt HL would have had any objection anyway; we both understand one another very well and I think we both knew we could handle our situations separately....at least that was the plan.

In the end I stayed alive by bravely running like smoke and oakum at the first opportunity   :)