50% Off Everything DCS

Karl Spackler

Sorry... but I am just too tired to figure this out, so if someone could please help me...   I have a STEAM WORLD EDITION loaded on this computer.... I also have a DCS WORLD OPEN BETA loaded on this computer.  When I open the STEAM edition, it shows my F-86 as available (but not the F-14) which I also have. 

When I open the DCS WORLD OPEN BETA it shows both the F-86 and the F-14 which are the only two I have. 

The F-16c is available and I would like to buy it. It has NOT COMPATIBLE WITH STEAM placarded all over it. Does that mean it will NOT work with the STEAM WORLD but WILL work with the DCS WORLD OPEN BETA?  The F-14 works with the DCS OPEN BETA. 

Thanks in advance...    flying the F-16A+ was easier than figuring out the sim. 

LL

39 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

it will NOT work with the STEAM WORLD but WILL work with the DCS WORLD OPEN BETA?

Yes. It is in "Early Access" so it's not released to Steam but works with Open Beta.  Honestly, I'd recommend going all non-steam for DCS, it releases patches earlier because the Steam users get a more stable verson.  Most of us (and tournaments online) fly Open Beta, for better or worse.  Just realize you're getting all the bugs with the new candy. 

I finally did the tutorials for the F-16C and it's a simple plane.  I understand your reference. 

ive got to say that since buying the anton she has totally taken all my flying time, not been in the 21 or cat since. ok she isnt perfect and still has a few niggly/stupid bugs but she is well done overall. also this is the first time i have flew Normandy since Urga took over looking after it and they have done a cracking job with it. its deffo worth it whilst its on sale and tbh it brought back a bit of my faith in DCS ww2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, EmerlistDavjack said:

Can you link Steam products back to the Open Beta client?  I don't want to have two installs of DCS because of the sheer size of it, but I also don't want to lose the Nevada and Gulf maps.  Using Steam for this was a terrible decision.  All the campaigns are 50% off but none of the planes are.  What the H, ED?

Maybe? https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=229207

ED doesn't control Steam's prices. 

• 1 month later...

So I have a day to decide, on a budget.  My brain tells me to get the F/A-18 and Supercarrier.  My heart says F-16C.  Choices, choices.  F/A-18 is more polished...and carrier ops...but F-16!

EDIT:  Went with Supercarrier and F/A-18 because brains over feels.  It did help that the F-16 is reportedly still lacking some basic functions.  Also the F/A-18 has a much more comprehensive tutorial selection.  Still, loved flying that free F-16 while it lasted.  Now I will spend some hours learning the plane and hopefully I can join JG1 members for carrier ops.