Status update

Vogel

Hi folks

Sorry been absent from the forums and flight nights of late, works been busy and on top of that I've managed to catch the dreaded COVID.

Currently waiting for it to bugger off and die. My symptoms are realtively mild at the moment, but the next few days will tell which way things will fly. Thankfully I received my Pfizer vaccine, however it doesn't reach 50% efficacy until 10 days post injection, which is tomorrow. I'm on day 7 of COVID since becoming symptomatic so I'm hoping that it's done something to keep my symptoms from progressing to the point where I need any more intensive treatment. Just feeling completely knackered with a fever and slight cough, and today I've got nasal congestion like your typical cold/flu. 😷

Hoping to be back in the skies before long, need to try out the new updates to the Hornet!

Hope you're all well!

S!

Take care Vogel, get well soon! If the bugger doesn't die within the next few days then I suggest a classic Polish therapeutic method - get a 100 ml shot glass, add about a teaspoon's worth of freshly ground black pepper, pour ice cold Polish vodka over it, lighty stir, drink in one go (with the pepper!) and go to bed immediately afterwards, ideally under several layers of clothing to accelerate perspiration. Works like a charm for nasal congestion! Vodka is also a well-regarded, ahem, internal disinfectant. 😁 

Hey folks, just letting you know I'm over the worst of it now. Symptoms are much imrpoved and am starting to smell and taste things slightly again. Lost almost 2.5kg in the last couple weeks which was pretty surprising, I wanted to loose weight but this was definitely an extreme way to go about it lol.

Just allowing myself to rest and recouperate at the moment, really knocked me for six. Was a bit scary at times and has given me a bit of a pep talk in some ways to sort my health and fitness levels out. Brain is still rebooting I think, so just sticking to watching repeats of old Star Trek shows on Netflix and waiting for Brain OS updates to finish installing hahaha.

Hopefully be back in the pit by the end of next week.

58 minutes ago, Klaiber said:

So glad to hear that you're doing better, Vogel!

Are you an TOS guy or TNG?

Tough one, I grew watching TNG on BBC2 in the early 90's 😀 but I do love TOS too despite it being super cheesy in parts. Voyager is decidedly MEH but I absolutely love DS9, which is what I'm rewatching currently! I've got all of TNG/TOS on Blu Ray, it's really sad they aren't remastering DS9 because they made the switch to digital. The Dominion War would look pretty spectacular in full HD.

1 hour ago, Heinrich said:

Good to hear that you're on the way back. Yeah Covid is much more than a heavy cold. I hear from ex-Covid patients that their taste and smell is terrible mixed up: beer smells like almonds and coffee like vinegar. 

I hope the best for you, take your time!

Yeah some people get it so a food will smell like raw meat or eggs etc and can make it very unpleasent. I just lost my sense of smell and taste entirely, which was really weird. You're eating, but it's just completely tasteless. I was trying to just eat things with different textures and colours with fruit/veg etc just to make it feel a bit more interesting. It surprised me just how much it affected my appetite to be honest.

2 hours ago, Vogel said:

Tough one, I grew watching TNG on BBC2 in the early 90's 😀 but I do love TOS too despite it being super cheesy in parts. Voyager is decidedly MEH but I absolutely love DS9, which is what I'm rewatching currently! I've got all of TNG/TOS on Blu Ray, it's really sad they aren't remastering DS9 because they made the switch to digital. The Dominion War would look pretty spectacular in full HD.

I love TOS and DS9.  And I like TNG.  The rest gets a strong meh from me.

TOS is what I grew up watching (on reruns in the 1980s).  So it's by far my favorite.  Even the cheesy parts.

7 hours ago, Etzel said:

DS9 especially from the point the Dominion joined the story is my absolute favourite!

"In the pale moonlight" is probably the best star trek episode ever made 😄

IT'S A FAAAAAAAAKE!

Garak is my favourite character in DS9, "plan, simple Garak". What's even more amazing he's only in 13 episodes in total, but carries such a presence when he's there :).

5 hours ago, Etzel said:

Really??? Only 13 episodes of the complete DS9 series??? Cannot believe this...  

Apologies, I may have drastically understated this lol. I was going from memory, but the actual total is still only 37 of the 175 episodes from DS9's seasons.