DCS: Mi-24P HIND | PRE-ORDER

Klaiber

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/271491-mi-24p-armament/

Source: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/271462-mi-24p-vooruzhenie-i-boevoe-primenenie/

Mi-24P combat equipment

on the diagrams:

1 - numbering of Mi-24P suspension points in the mission editor (ME)

2 - equipment options recommended by the guides.

Notes.

1. In all variants, a charged built-in cannon installation GSH2-30 with a BC of 250 rounds is provided

2. Bomber ammunition of the scheme may be replaced with the specified calibre (or less) of another type of bombing ammunition.

24_Aprooved_Variants.thumb.png.59731a810293efc0c37acf120d4ce907.png

The peculiarity of the numbering of the suspension points in the mission editor and reality (including in descriptive documents on weapons), see the diagram.

The numbering of the suspension points in the ME DCS is shown above, it does not coincide with the accepted numbering in the documents.

In the diagram:

1 - numbering of beam holders BDZ-57Kr-VM  (dark red). Used when describing the sequence of dropping bombs, "unloading" blocks from the NAR, the descent of the NAR.

2 - numbering of the Launcher Devices (PU) of the Guided Missile Armament (URV) system (green). It is used when describing the missile launcher and when choosing a launcher while using the missile launcher

1412348091_24_.thumb.png.2da89fc1cc0d774edbd1eee32e83d9b6.png

7 minutes ago, Britchot said:

Oh damn! Two videos in 3 days, could it mean two weeks™?

dr-cox-shrug.jpg

I seem to recall with the Viper they were putting out these vids quite awhile before release. 

Still I will cross my fingers & think happy thoughts... 

44 minutes ago, Britchot said:

However, the time between the first and second video Wags released was May 24th to August 29th.

So following that timeline hypothetically we could be looking at up to 3mo until release... 

Angry Gran Torino GIF

Still... I cant imagine it will be that long. Hind isnt a terribly complex aircraft when you get right down to it. Thats why I am hopeful we will see a surge in CW era aircraft. Lower complexity = shorter dev cycle & these guys got bills to pay too. 

4 hours ago, Yogi said:

So following that timeline hypothetically we could be looking at up to 3mo until release... 

No, what I'm saying is it took 3 days to go from Hind video #1 to #2 versus 3 months for the Viper's!

giphy.gif

Okay, so, lets say I wanted to get my first module for DCS after looking at all this tasty preview stuff.

I'm very, very confused if the Steam versions of the modules are playable online, the DCS website says they are "Steam incompatible" - however the F5-E module (what I may like to start with) is so tempting to me at 50% off on steam sale currently. If I purchased it would I then not be able to fly it online due to purchasing the steam version? I know this might seem like a remedial question, but I would appreciate clarification on this. 

image.png.c2907b53fbc9d20f81f61899ed3314a7.pngimage.thumb.png.cb44139ccebe5c31077a310c49f51d8b.png

Personally, my advice would be to get DCS World OpenBeta through the DCS website:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/beta/

And not use Steam to buy the modules.  Even if there is a discount on Steam.

Once you have the download through the DCS website, you can then buy the modules through the DCS website.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

Steam works great.  But anything you buy on Steam must be used through Steam.  Additionally, there are sometimes delays from when the module is released to OpenBeta and when it's available to purchase and use through Steam.

I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions, however.

I agree with Klai. I avoid purchasing anything on Steam whenever possible. If you buy direct from whichever developer they get 100% of the funds. Steam takes a cut. Also, Steam is confusing when you want to load a game in a different drive. It can be done but you have to know how to do it. If you let Steam put it in the default "C" drive, I've found it problematic to move it to another drive. I'm sure it's probably due to my not being fully understanding, but that's just me and I find it better to avoid the issue entirely by purchasing direct from the Dev.

What is means by not steam compatible is, if you buy through steam, you cannot buy through the website and vice-versa.  Once you commit to one, youre stuck with it unless you decide to purchase everything again through the other medium.  Most of us go through the website.

Interesting, thanks everybody. Sorry for the odd question. Seems strange they would distribute differently at different prices through two platforms. I guess I'll watch the forums like a Hawk for if the MiG-21 and/or F5-E go on sale at some point; I know snaggle was telling me the squadron primarily flies the 21. 

3 hours ago, TedsOnMeds said:

Interesting, thanks everybody. Sorry for the odd question. Seems strange they would distribute differently at different prices through two platforms. I guess I'll watch the forums like a Hawk for if the MiG-21 and/or F5-E go on sale at some point; I know snaggle was telling me the squadron primarily flies the 21. 

Ted,

Someone will post to the forum when stuff goes on sale or they are having a sale...

We all get the emails from Eagle Dynamics... 😃 suspect a summer sale soon...

• Britchot locked and unlocked this topic
  • Britchot locked this topic