Jump to content

Klaiber

Administrators
  • Posts

    22,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1,290

Everything posted by Klaiber

  1. Outside of the problems that IE has with this website, here's another reason to avoid using it: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27184188 I've already been warned about this at work. Basically, a successful hacker could take control of your computer, steal your information, and monitor your email and any other data on the device. And people still running Win XP are at extreme risk. I'm starting a new topic tag for stuff like this called "Eek!".
  2. Awesome! This reminds me - I keep hoping that 777 does something special for the 100th anniversary of WW1. My hope is new content. But considering everything with IL-2 BOS, I'm not sure.
  3. Thanks guys! Lots to think about.
  4. Thanks guys! If anyone has any other thoughts, just let me know.
  5. Hi Pragr, My resolution is 1920 x 1080. I'm willing to spend at least a couple hundred. Though, I know that I'm limited by what my motherboard can take. Thanks in advance for your help!
  6. Hi Guys, I'm exploring the possibility of getting a new video card in order to expand the lifespan of my already aging PC. I bought this current computer in the Spring of 2009. And unfortunately, I won't be able to buy a new computer for some time. Here are my current specs. Let me know what you guys think: Motherboard: Asus P6T Delux V2 Display Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 5870 Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz Memory: 8.00 GB System: Vista 64-bit Thanks!
  7. Btw: I was curious where the logo came from for heartbleed, so I googled it: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/curious-business-naming-security-bug/story?id=23280245
  8. Btw: if you want to test a website for vulnerability, you can go here: http://filippo.io/Heartbleed/
  9. Cool!
  10. That's a great picture!
  11. Hi Lo, Here you go: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=40926
  12. http://mashable.com/2014/04/09/heartbleed-bug-websites-affected/
  13. I was basically aware, but didn't remember the details until you just posted. Unfortuantely, while von Rosen's Hakaristi didn't have anything to do with the Nazi symbol (which was adopted by the NSDAP in 1920), von Rosen himself eventually became a supporter of the Nazi movement during the 1930s. As a result, even though there isn't a direct connection between the Nazi symbol and the Finnish hakaristi, there is an indirect link, as well as an obvious visual similarity. And that's one of the reasons why Finland abandoned the symbol in 1944 after the Finns sued for peace. It was seen by the Allies as being pro-Hitler and pro-fascist.
  14. According to Valve, they've fixed the heartbleed vulnerability with Steam. But they recommend you change passwords: http://www.incgamers.com/2014/04/heartbleed-vulnerabilities-steam-resolved-say-valve
  15. Hey Guys, Just a heads up regarding a security hole that's been discovered: http://gizmodo.com/heartbleed-why-the-internets-gaping-security-hole-is-1560812671 And here is a list of vulnerable and not vulnerable sites: https://github.com/musalbas/heartbleed-masstest/blob/master/top1000.txt I'm posting this only because I saw that steamcommunity.com was listed as vulnerable. As a result, you may want to change your password. Though, based on what I can find, there is no way to tell if your information has already been compromised.
  16. Haha, sure.
  17. That looks awesome! Makes me wish I had a newer machine to really appreciate it.
  18. That's pretty good.
  19. That's awesome! I'm so glad they were able to find it.
  20. I really can't imagine how much work must have gone into this movie.
  21. I just watch this. Very good stuff.
  22. Awesome Lipfert, thanks! It looks sweet as hell! Really want to download MWO now, but have to find the room on my PC. Either way, I've always been a big fan of the Battlemaster. Not the biggest or the baddest Mech, but definitely one with a lot of style. I was very dismayed when it disappeared from BattleTech in the 1990s. I guess it became one of the Unseen. And that FASA pulled it to avoid legal issues: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Unseen I found a detailed reason here: http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/weirdozone/wargames/battletech/mystery.html So glad they reintroduced it. It looks like they slightly altered it's design. But it still looks awesome. Thanks again!
  23. Hi Plague, I'm not sure if any JG1 members are heading to Midland this year, but I'll ask around. Thanks for the heads up regarding your plans. If anyone from JG1 is going, I'll definitely let them know to contact you so that everyone can coordinate. Talk more soon,
  24. Haha. We have to tread carefully though, and not just accept his application. If Google decides to join JG1, we may piss off Bing. I've seen Bing trolling our boards, maybe looking for a new squadron.
×
×
  • Create New...