Jump to content

Klaiber

Administrators
  • Posts

    22,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1,290

Everything posted by Klaiber

  1. Hi Duff4r, Excellent. We're doing the debrief here as well. But I think we're definitely game for next Wednesday. The only snag I see is that it's Halloween. Let us know if that would be an issue. Talk to you more soon.
  2. "There could be as many as 140 of the aircraft buried in the country formerly known as Burma..." Wow...
  3. Congrats to all of the Wing Walkers for reaching your 20 year Anniversary! It looks like you guys had an amazing time in San Diego! We've been talking about doing something in JG1 to celebrate our 20 years. Nothing definite yet, but it should be fun. Looking forward to flying with and against you guys for the next 20!
  4. Thanks again Duff4r for allowing us to join you. We had a great time last night. Looking forward to see you guys in the air again!
  5. I actually just noticed that it's for sale on Steam. I guess it was released yesterday (Oct 16, 2012).
  6. Wednesday, Oct 24th should definitely work. Let's plan on that. We should definitely meet at some point to discuss things, though. Is there a time this week that works for you and Duff4r?
  7. Hi Duff, Thanks for stopping by! Really glad to hear that you guys are interested in a "fun fly". Definitely take as much time as you need to coordinate things on your end. I know you guys have just set up your aerodrome. As I mentioned in the past, Mondays and Wednesdays work best for us. But we're definitely okay with another night with enough notice. JG1 has about 22 North American pilots, and have an additional 12 European pilots. But we can probably muster somewhere around 12 to 15 for our dogfight / joint training. Our thoughts were that this type of event would give both squadrons a great opportunity to fly against coordinate opponents in large scale actions. Currently, as I'm sure you've noticed, the full real North American servers have been a bit anemic after 6PM or 7PM EDT. So flying against each other would not only give our pilots something to look forward to, but a great experience that they may not always get. And if you guys had a good time, it would be something that we could repeat in the future, as often as we wanted. I'll PM you are TS3 information. Please feel free to pass this around to your guys. Hope to talk to you more soon!
  8. I would if there was a DCS: Spitfire Mk. 1.
  9. Here are some more discussions regarding possible WW2 content: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=90551&highlight=Bf+109 One comment in that thread has irked me for weeks, though. It's by someone who is flagged "ED Team" (though I'm not sure what that means) : http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1531451&postcount=85
  10. Re: P-51 - I bought it, but haven't flown it much. Still trying to set up my HOTAS. Maybe if other people have it, they can give me a hand. My purchase of P-51 was mostly one of hopeful support for future WW2 projects by Eagle Dynamics. I would love them to make an official Bf 109 or Fw 190 DCS sim. Even a Me 262 or He 162 would be awesome. And I guess there is hope, as per discussions at the DCS forums (though this is all just hearsay): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94280 Honestly, I personally think it's in DCS' best interest to get involved in WW2 stuff. There is a niche that needs to be filled, and a complete collapse of all competition in this area. 1C's CoD is basically DOA, and their next project is still years away (and will probably be just as buggy). And while 777 has hinted that they may at some future point make a WW2 sim, I'm not holding my breath. Plus, while Rise of Flight is an amazingly fun game to fly online, but it's about as deep as a puddle. Any future projects they take on will probably be more of the same. Honestly, IMHO, DCS is our best hope right now for a true successor to IL-2 1946.
  11. Once I get 1.2.1 installed and ready to go (which should be tonight), we should set up a night to fly A-10. Been dying to practice it. I won't be around this weekend, but will be around next week. .
  12. These are great, I'll have to look at a few of these!
  13. Very interesting, thanks for the info Lee. I knew that ventral stabilizers found general use in other aircraft, like the Do-335 for example. But almost always in tandem with some form of dorsal stabilizer. So the lack of a dorsal system on the W12 is very very interesting.
  14. S! T4, Thanks for stopping by - it's great to meet you. Maus has been telling us about the awesome time he had flying with you guys. It would definitely be great if we could get something informal going between our two squadrons. JG1 is still dividing it's time between IL-2 1946 and RoF, but we always available for a good dogfight or a training night. Our usual Jasta nights are Mondays and Wednesdays. Jastas 4, 10 and 11 are North American. Jasta 6 is European. We tried to get into Cliffs of Dover too, but were very disappointed with how it turned out. I really hope that 1C is able to get back on track, but it looks like CoD will just stay broken, unfortunately. Right now, our hope for WW2 is with DCS P-51D. We're hoping (praying) for flyable full cockpit German fighters to be added. Hope to talk to you more soon! ~Salut!~ -Klai
  15. Haven't picked it up yet, but am looking forward to flying it. The tail gunner configuration (and it's increased field of fire) seems extremely well designed. The ventral vertical stabilizer and rudder makes a hell of a lot of sense. But I'm really curious to see if it affects the aircraft's handling. Also, if this was a successful design for the rear gunner, it makes me wonder why it wasn't adopted on other two-seaters. .
  16. Hi Hanshew, You should have your members access restored. Let me know if you have any more problems.
  17. Hi Geezer, Sounds like a lot of fun! We'll definitely try and stop by.
  18. It does look really good. Should be a lot of fun to fly!
  19. This looks really cool! Unfortunately, it's at 9PM UTC +2, which is about 2PM EDT. If people are around at that time, however, they should definitely see if they can fly.
  20. Hey Geezer, We're definitely up for some more WW / JG1 flying nights. I've never flown on New Wings, but I'm sure those that have will be glad to share their thoughts. Btw: are any of you guys going to be making a trip to Rhinebeck this year?
  21. This is pretty cool Hess. I didn't know something like this existed for RoF. Thanks for the find!
  22. I really enjoyed the video of the boat on the water. It looks amazing. It looks like 777 has some good things in store.
  23. Thanks for the heads up.
  24. S! Geezer, Thanks a lot for all of your hard work! I'm sorry that I wasn't around to fly with you guys, but it sounds like it was an awesome event. We should definitely plan on doing this again really soon!
×
×
  • Create New...