DCG 3.49 Open Beta Test

Lowengrin

Latest beta (#27) has some minor improvements over the previous ones and includes a fix for the Normandie-Niemen in Berlin and Balaton (so they don't behave as a Western Allied squadron).

I have two questions

There are some Soviet-Polish squadrons that also behave like western allied squadrons. Yo know, the PNM, the PLMs and the PLSs. Could you take a look to those too?

And the other is, if I download the Beta, what do I absolutely need to install? Because as I have modified mis files, campaign files, plane files and squadron files, I don't want to lose those modifications. And, what happns if I'm already running a campaign?

Ok, those were three questions.

Thanks!

I have two questions

There are some Soviet-Polish squadrons that also behave like western allied squadrons. Yo know, the PNM, the PLMs and the PLSs. Could you take a look to those too?

And the other is, if I download the Beta, what do I absolutely need to install? Because as I have modified mis files, campaign files, plane files and squadron files, I don't want to lose those modifications. And, what happns if I'm already running a campaign?

Ok, those were three questions.

Thanks!

I'll see what I can do with the Polish squadrons.

If you are running a campaign, then all you really need is to copy the .exe over and nothing else.

Awesome! 

Nice that you added more Pacific campaigns. Are you also interested in the European Theatre? I see that the stock German fighter campaigns work with DCG, but are they also optimized or do they just work by coincidence?

When I first started programming DCG way back, I set up DCG campaigns to use the stock DGEN campaign files so (unless there are new ones that I'm not aware of) they should all work.

While I'm interested in the European Theatre, the Pacific campaign is a bigger draw right now just because the campaign design can be improved more (than it can with land campaigns) with tweaks to the code.  And I finding coding more interesting than campaign design.  I did spend a bunch of time creating a new Crete campaign (because I got caught up trying to optimize gliders - which required tweaks to the code).  And I did some testing using the Norway and East Prussia campaigns. 

My current tinkering is the Solomons.  And I am looking at Bessarabia because there's some interesting stuff with river monitors on the Danuabe between the Russians and Romanians...but the ship models don't really exist in the stock game so I may not do anything. 

BTW, if there was a stock map of the Netherlands, I'd do a Market Garden campaign in an instant.

Well here is what is coming regarding new maps on official 4.14 (apparently very soon as they are already on RC 3 or 4 testing I think):

- The Battle for Moscow-Autumn

- The Battle for Moscow-Winter

- The Battle for Moscow-Spring

- The Battle for Moscow-Summer

- The Battle for Donbass-Summer

- The Battle for Donbass-Autumn

- The Battle for Donbass-Winter

- The Battle for Donbass-Spring

- Arctic Circuit summer (1942-44)

- Arctic-winter (1942-44)

- Arctic (summer 1941)

- Arctic (winter 1941)

- Khalkhin-Gol 39

- Franz Josef Land (North Pole)

- Pacific Islands Online

Latest (and hopefully last) build before I post an official build.  This one has more tweaks to mission creation.  I also lifted a very old restriction about statics spawning outside the action radius.  Most computers have way more power than the ones I wrote that restrictive code for.  :)

il2dcg349beta30.zip

Any comments, bug reports are greatly appreciated!

Latest (and hopefully last) build before I post an official build.  This one has more tweaks to mission creation.  I also lifted a very old restriction about statics spawning outside the action radius.  Most computers have way more power than the ones I wrote that restrictive code for.  :)

attachicon.gifil2dcg349beta30.zip

Any comments, bug reports are greatly appreciated!

Comments....for a start: Thank you!!!!

I'll try it ASAP and report back if any bug arise :)

Thanks!  I did find one (very old) bug related to using a plane not found in the class.dcg file.  Rather than swapping in another plane and completing the mission generation, it would crash.  Not so bad for manual mission generation, but it'd lock up DGEN/NGEN type missions.

I've posted an official build at: http://il2dcg.blogspot.com/

It includes a few tweaks from the last beta including some fixes to the A6M2-n mission generation, the fix to the missing plane type in the class file (which will create the dreaded "" is not an integer error.  And it has the first three stages of the Solomon Campaign (Guadalcanal).

Thanks, everyone for your comments, critiques and encouragement over the past few years of betas.  :)

I take that back.

The new IL2FB.exe doesn't seem to like other unrecognized .exe files in the main folder.  The work around is to take your stock DGEN.exe (and probably NGEN.exe although I haven't checked this one) and move them somewhere else.  Run IL2 and then alt-tab out to run DCG, use the "replace" option to copy DCG over as DGEN.exe and play.  When you're done for the day, delete the imposter DGEN.exe from the IL2 folder.

I take that back.

The new IL2FB.exe doesn't seem to like other unrecognized .exe files in the main folder.  The work around is to take your stock DGEN.exe (and probably NGEN.exe although I haven't checked this one) and move them somewhere else.  Run IL2 and then alt-tab out to run DCG, use the "replace" option to copy DCG over as DGEN.exe and play.  When you're done for the day, delete the imposter DGEN.exe from the IL2 folder.

Tried your 3.49 version in v4.12.2 and 4.13.4 without any problems.

About 4.14...I don´t think it is worth the effort. 4.14 it´s not going to be used by the modding community. TD has made many changes against the modding community as this one you´ve found. So the result is 4.14 it´s not compatible with many mods and it makes the modder community to "start" again from the beginning., it´s not worth it.

4.14 it´s not going to be used by many people only by the players that doesn´t use any mod (and this is a very, very low percentage of the users base)

Also, 4.14 hasn´t got any useful code improvements, just two maps and really, nothing more :( :(...TD has killed IL2 :(

Lowengrin, If I were you, I won´t try to update the DCG to 4.14. Just keep upgrading and debuging it as it is a marvellous add-on.

• 1 year later...