Thursday night Wargrounds with US103rd

J5_Hotlead

Hotlead, if you can edit the video, I would like the section of video demonstrating the Thatch Weave in actual combat action for the Fliegerschule.  Seeing the maneuver in action being performed may help the Kadetten understand what we're trying to teach and show them.

Hey Kleigmann! I edited out a highlight of the engagement, starting from when I first spot the SPADs to when Shadepiece and I finally exfil. The part with the Thatch Weave starts at 7:00. It wasn't "air-show perfect," but it was effective.  B) After a little weaving, we try to disengage, but the SPADs get on Shade at 9:30. He angles slightly right and drags the bandit for me as I turn left to pursue. I lay some hits but am forced to duck away as the wingman SPAD dives in on me. 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/245679948

As we always say in training, the Thatch weave is kind of a last ditch tactic and only works through one or two cycles. This is a perfect example, and it worked as advertised. WELL DONE! 

You both spread out causing the bandit to choose one to attack (Shade). You both turned into each other (classic Thatch) allowing Hotlead to get the shot (stellar shooting 'Lead). If 'Lead hadn't hit him as hard as he did, the Spad could have simply boomed up and repeated. also, after that first weave, the wingman was in on 'Lead. Luckily he did little to no damage. What happened to the wingman? Why the Cavalry let y'all go, I'm a ta loss to explain. They had you dead to rights. I doubt that a weave would have been successful against 2 or more Spads.

Nevertheless... Excellent coordination... a classic.

Also, very good use of cloud cover.

Salute all! Had a fun time this evening running some "Big Wing" tactics with 10+ JG1 pilots! What really stood out to me is that in nearly every engagement we got into (and there were a lot!), was that the Allies gave as good as they got. Fine flying, gentlemen! 

Here is the archived stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/247150505

Looking forward to next Thursday! :D

Salute all! Had a fun time this evening running some "Big Wing" tactics with 10+ JG1 pilots! What really stood out to me is that in nearly every engagement we got into (and there were a lot!), was that the Allies gave as good as they got. Fine flying, gentlemen! 

Here is the archived stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/247150505

Looking forward to next Thursday! :D

Have to explain, 2 or 3 times during the evening, I somehow got switched into another TS channel without my knowing it, so apologies if anybody thought I was being anti-social.  I think there was some kind of key conflict between TS and the game that caused the hotkey setup that I had set for FiF to actuate without my knowledge.  Today I eliminated all of those hotkeys, so that hopefully that problem will disappear.

Salute all!

Had an entertaining night on Wargrounds this evening! Unfortunately, my pilot died due to pulling his wings off. Evidentially, I had taken wing damage when attacking an AI bomber and lost my wings performing a diving turn on an Se5a. Ouch. :( (See the 28:03 mark of part I for the fateful moment)

My Twitch stream is broken into two parts as the first part captured no in-game or teamspeak sound. It only captured my voice. :/ This was baffling as I had recently tested it earlier and it worked fine. Those who want to see part I can find it here:

In the second part, after a few minutes of testing, I got the sound back online. ;) And I got to fly my beloved N.28! :D You can watch part II here:

I'm working on rennovating my Twitch streams as I have time, so there are a still bugs to be worked out. Eventually I'll get it where I want it. ;) I sincerely appreciate every one of my followers and viewers. You guys are the best! :D

Also, big thanks to everyone who showed up to fill the server tonight. We had 34 guys online at one point!

I will catch you all again next Thursday on Cuban's server! icon_e_salute.gif 

It isn't that there is no game sound; the level is just extremely low.  If I turn my volume up all the way, I can hear some voice from the game at very low level.  I'll bet the game sounds are there too, but you've always kept your game sounds pretty low, and they're probably just too low to hear.

Hopefully this will help troubleshoot.  Whether you have a bad connection somewhere, or you need to adjust a level somewhere, there is a little sound there.  I hope this helps you get it figured out.

S! 

Salute all! Had fun times on Cuban's server! Props to US103_Parsons for ending another streak of mine before it got out of its infancy lol! Oh well...live and learn. Got another streak started. Hopefully this snot-nosed recruit learned from his predecessor's experiences lol!

We will be flying again next Thursday on Wargrounds! See you then! :D

I also worked on some updates to my Twitch videos. Got VoiceMeeter Banana installed for my sound, added some new start / end screens, and got a new 1080p webcam hooked up. B)