BOX update

Butzzell

On 7/24/2019 at 9:17 PM, Vonrd said:

I keep getting a "failed to update"

That's what I'm getting.  Gonna try what you said.  Can't really see why I should have to do that though, nothing has ever failed to work in the past and I was fully up to date before trying this.

The e-mail I got from 1C announcing the update mentioned a .dll file that needs to be replaced before updating the non-Steam version.  You can find it, and instructions, here: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/52829-game-version-3102-discussion-pzkpfwiv-ausfg-halberstadt-clii-bristol-fighter-f2b/?tab=comments#comment-800023

2 hours ago, Luftritter said:

That did the trick, Maus.  Thanks for the info!  BTW, I never got any email  🤨

Weird ... it was just the usual promotional e-mail I get from them when there's an update or sale or something.  Maybe you unsubscribed from their mailing list?

(It was a bit weird ... the e-mail said 'Please close the launcher and download this zip archive. Extract the .DLL file it contains and replace the old one located in [your IL-2 installation folder]\bin\game folder with it (Windows will ask if you want to overwrite the old file, confirm). After doing this, run the launcher again and it should update the game correctly', but there was no zip file attached.  So I went to the forum and searched 'dll', which is how I found that download link.)

On 7/24/2019 at 9:53 PM, Vonrd said:

Had to delete the contents of my Update folder, then it updated... off to give it a go.

On 7/29/2019 at 7:25 AM, Lee said:

I had to delete the entire Update folder before it would update.

Same here.  Had to delete the folder in order to get it to finally update.

Just noticed a minor update for BOX & FC (my underline below):

August 6:

" A small hotfix has been just released: it addresses the Me 262 sound issue and corrects the protection of the Flying Circus planes which was too high (their pilots and gunners should be a bit easier to kill now).