DCS: F-4E

Klaiber

The only problem with this upcoming module is that it's not a REDFOR craft. Apparently Razbam decided to go for the quick money (and the inevitable outpour of criticism because of shoddy QC and tonnes of bugs) with the F-15E, sidelining the Flogger for now. All we have is three MiGs, one of which is not even supersonic... Looks like they're relegating us to the role of John Wayne movie extras. You know, the ones who die on screen like they've been hit with a 20-pound cannonball.

30a1346f54a479becbd2b6e383750fd4.gif

In other words, I'm looking forward to trying out the Mirage F-1 in Iraqi colours. Surely the IQAF must've had some East German advisors. ;) 

The F-4E is one of the most widely distributed variants out there, so picking it as the base from which to build up a Phantom family in DCS makes perfect sense. You're right about its potential REDFOR use @Pfeil and @Erhardt. The Iran-Iraq conflict could be another cool scenario for it, with Phantoms, F-5s and F-14s on the Iranian side against IQAF MiGs and Mirages.

On 1/26/2022 at 9:39 AM, Britchot said:

But in the F-4G would probably be where I'd spend most of my days in 90's CW servers doing Wild Weasel stuff:

G model is also my most anticipated variant. I think it would be cool af running hunter killer teams with F-16s the way the 561st TFS did in the 1st gulf war. 

a-left-side-view-of-an-f-4e-phantom-ii-and-an-f-4g-advanced-wild-weasel-phantom-b1df9e-1600.jpg

That being said, I am curious to see what upgrades the E variant that gets released will have. The Phantom lived before Blocks to designate upgraded equipment & things were done pretty haphazardly. You would have to climb into a jet to see what systems it had. 

Its possible (if a later model is chosen) that we could do SEAD with the E model. 

Alas, many questions & few answers. We will have to wait & see 

4 hours ago, Snaggle said:

Loved the S2000, like the one in my garage, and to bad no Honda Jet!!

You wouldn't want the Honda Jet....  MASSIVE disappointment.  The Phenom 100 is considerably better in the same class. I have had a dozen HJ pilots come through and to a man they were very pleased to put it behind them. I thought the HJ would be a kickass platform.... Honda just doesn't do bad things.  Well....  back to cars and bikes.

3 hours ago, Ludwig said:

You wouldn't want the Honda Jet....  MASSIVE disappointment.  The Phenom 100 is considerably better in the same class. I have had a dozen HJ pilots come through and to a man they were very pleased to put it behind them. I thought the HJ would be a kickass platform.... Honda just doesn't do bad things.  Well....  back to cars and bikes.

We were going to be a service center for the Honda Jet but their support was very minimal and amateurish. Plus, the plane is just outright weird. Working on engines on top of the wings... where do you stand for access? Spilling oil and fuel all over the wing and maybe even dropping a tool? How do you get the cherry picker in place for an engine change? We declined.

On 2/3/2022 at 9:03 PM, Vonrd said:

We were going to be a service center for the Honda Jet but their support was very minimal and amateurish. Plus, the plane is just outright weird. Working on engines on top of the wings... where do you stand for access? Spilling oil and fuel all over the wing and maybe even dropping a tool? How do you get the cherry picker in place for an engine change? We declined.

As a long-time maintenance person I have developed a deep resentment for engineers and executives who don't give any consideration to maintenance.  If I had $100 for every time I cocked my head and said aloud, "I have to do what?" I could buy a seat on a SpaceX rocket.

I have a lot of respect for the S2000, though I've never owned or driven one.  I've always been into the smaller, more nimble cars.  I find the thrill of cornering much greater than brute acceleration.