World War I Dawn Patrol Rendezvous, Oct. 7-8

Flyboy

World War I Dawn Patrol Rendezvous, Oct. 7-8

National Museum of the United States Air Force, Dayton, OH

Aerial picture of World War one replica aircraft flying over the museum hangarsAerial events, reenactor encampment, antique cars, workshops and a speaker series frame an exciting weekend of fly-ins from replica WWI aircraft. Sights, sounds and activities for the whole family will take place throughout the museum complex as we look back to WWI and America’s early air superiority.

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Upcoming/Events/

I’m about 45 min from there and planning to go this time. I could prob also arrange a tour for anyone interested of the maintenance hanger and B-767 at Wilmington. In fact, if anyone is interested enough I might even be able to get into a simulator. Problem is that they are pretty busy and not sure if they would have any time in the schedule. A few of you could always go in on renting it for 600/hr (which I bet could be stretched for extra free time as I know most of the instructors). 

if anyone is interested enough I might even be able to get into a simulator. 

WOW... we are on total lock down and have been since Covid started. No one can even come into the building with out a TSA clearance. Still have to go through the infrared cameras. We can't have family or anyone in the building for 2 years now. 

4 hours ago, Ludwig said:

WOW... we are on total lock down and have been since Covid started. No one can even come into the building with out a TSA clearance. Still have to go through the infrared cameras. We can't have family or anyone in the building for 2 years now. 

Not sure where you are, but this is red rural Ohio and we’ve been effectively out of lockdowns and mask wearing for nearly a year 

Not sure where you are, but this is red rural Ohio and we’ve been effectively out of lockdowns and mask wearing for nearly a year 

I am with CAE in Dallas....  and the TSA restrictions have nothing to do with Covid. No one goes in a sim without TSA clearance and an instructor, that happened after 9-11 and was normally limited to aliens but extended to all flight crew members by company policy. 

Then, if you are not actively involved in training the sim cannot go on motion.  Texas is pretty much RED. We can't even bring in family members.