What are you guys listening to?

Klaiber

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been binge watching the original eleven seasons of Frasier on Amazon Prime since October 14th.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106004/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106004/

I made it to season 6 episode 21 this time and I remember why I stopped binge watching the series last time. The situations Frasier finds himself in are getting so far fetched just about every episode that it is hard for me to stay interested for the entire episode. I think the formula worked during its initial broadcast run since you had to wait a week between episodes which gave you time to somewhat forget about the last wacky scenario and you were looking forward to spending another day with him and his extended family.

Wheels

For me the appeal of Frasier was the original cast and superb writing. I do know what you're saying though and not waiting a full week between episodes exaggerates the repetition of situations. 

Unfortunately, I don't subscribe to Paramount to see the new version. Maybe if I wait it out... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2018 at 9:59 PM, Klaiber said:

More Anatolian rock from the 1970s:

Selda is very influential, both in Turkey and internationally.  For example, she's been sampled by both Dr. Dre (Issues) and Mos Def (Supermagic).

It's actually really interesting to see how two artists can take the same original and do two different things with it.  Music stuff like this always fascinates me.

I've been listening to a lot of Selda Bağcan recently.  She's a Turkish singer-songwriter.

I recently found out that she has another career retrospective collection out called 40 Yılın 40 Şarkısı Vol. 2 (40 Songs of 40 Years), released in 2020.  So with Vol. 1, it's actually 80 songs in 40 years...  Either way, that got me rocking out again to her music.

My current jam, Mehmet Emmi (Uncle Mehmet).  You can hear how this influenced modern neo-Pych bands like Goat, Wolf People, King Gizzard, etc.

Enjoy.

White Christmas - The Drifters

White Christmas - The Drifters
https://youtu.be/Ooc5eJc5SHA?si=h2kGc2cR4cGBYxMA

Sung by The Drifters. Cartoon by Joshua Held. Featuring Bill Pinkney on lead bass and Clyde McPhatter on tenor. An animated Christmas Card, and a homage to a great song, a great band, and a great Holiday.

This cartoon’s official Facebook page: White Christmas Cartoon with Santa and his Reindeer Singing The Drifters

This cartoon's official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/people/White-Christmas-Cartoon-with-Santa-and-his-Reindeer-Singing-The-Drifters/100039883332210/ 

0cee20bd6672e9ab058c7944d7212f67a616c47c.jpeg.387edcabcb3f52b36b55593086bed6b5.jpeg
I post this video most every year in memory of Trapper, a long time M4T member who passed in April of 2014, since this was one of his favorite holiday songs.

Wheels

Found this channel by accident.  Its a channel with compilation CD's uploaded. Greatist hits of the 60's or Blues, Country Rockabilly. Japanese psychadelic from the 60's. I got lost in this channel for awhile. 

The CD's remind me of those Columbia House clubs you could join. Also While scanning the CD's I couldn't help but think of K-Billy's Super Sounds of the 70's.

Good Version of "I know You Rider" and other 60's songs

Canned Heat, Muddy Waters, B.B. King Etc on this second one.

And this one Surf Beat Behind the Iron Curtain