Halberstadt cl.II 200hp 2 Arty, 2 Prison rescue

DFW 3 Recon, 8 Bomber, 2 Spy

Entente planeset:

Spad XIII 14

Sopwith Dolphin 18

Bristol Falcon II 3 Recon, 2 Prison rescue

Breguets 8 Bombers, 2 General Capture, 2 Arty

Sopwith Camel 2 Trench attack

There are a couple of things to think about. 

Not a lot of room for progression to phase B.

New guys flying SPADS and Albs

It works, especially if you are looking to use the FC plane set.   

Not a lot of room for progression to phase B. 

What if we start Phase A with N28's and  D(eisel) VII's in place of some of the Spads and VIIF's..(maybe half?)... then replace them all in phase B. You could also replace the Brisfit FII with the FIII then.

Just thinking out loud here.....

Ok  new plane set

Phase A

German planeset:
Albatros D.Va 18
Fokker D.VII (BMW)    7

Fokker D.VII    7
Halberstadt cl.II 200hp 2 Arty, 2 Prison rescue, 8 bomber

DFW 3 Recon,, 2 Spy

Entente planeset:
Spad XIII    7

N-28           7
Sopwith Dolphin 9

SE5a                  9

Phase B

German planeset:

Albatros D.Va 18
Fokker D.VII (BMW) 14
Halberstadt cl.II 200hp 2 Arty, 2 Prison rescue, 8 Bomber

DFW 3 Recon, 2 Spy

Entente planeset:
Spad XIII 14
Sopwith Dolphin 18

Phase B, I see that the SPADs replaced the N28's; that makes sense....but also, the Dolphins replaced the S.E.5a's?  That doesn't make as much sense to me.  I would want the S.E.5a's to stay.

Ok  new plane set

Phase A

German planeset:

Albatros D.Va 18

Fokker D.VII (BMW)    7

Fokker D.VII    7

Halberstadt cl.II 200hp 2 Arty, 2 Prison rescue, 8 bomber

DFW 3 Recon,, 2 Spy

Entente planeset:

Spad XIII    7

N-28           7

Sopwith Dolphin 9

SE5a                  9

Phase B

German planeset:

Albatros D.Va 18

Fokker D.VII (BMW) 14

Halberstadt cl.II 200hp 2 Arty, 2 Prison rescue, 8 Bomber

DFW 3 Recon, 2 Spy

Entente planeset:

Spad XIII 14

SE5a       18

Hi Adler,

You're correct.  I think the original idea was to do 1916, then 1917 and then 1918 in sequential order.

However, after the Flying Circus plane-set was suggested for the Spring Campaign, it was too good of an idea to not use.

We hope that it will get everyone excited for the new game.  And, because many of the aircraft are free in ROF, it may get some BoX players interested in giving FIF a chance.

So, I guess the better way to look at things is that the Winter Campaign (January to March) represented campaigns that we've played in the past.  And that the Spring Campaign (May to July) will represent campaigns that we could play in the future. :)

We hope that it will get everyone excited for the new game.  And, because many of the aircraft are free in ROF, it may get some BoX players interested in giving FIF a chance.

So, I guess the better way to look at things is that the Winter Campaign (January to March) represented campaigns that we've played in the past.  And that the Spring Campaign (May to July) will represent campaigns that we could play in the future. :)

Thx for reply ! I understand the reason, but to my mind it is too early to make something related with FC. Jason told "one year". So there is no reason to hurry.

:)

In our land, we say: "Divide the skin of a bear he killed" that could be translate in English as "Count one's chickens before they are hatched"  :lol:

This suits perfect to this situation of FC planeset in the FIF Spring. I agree with Adler Blau - no any new update of FC, no any even approximate date of the FC release (or early access) - but the ghost of FC has influenced the logical planeset's evolution of FIF 2018 already.

S!

ure?

We must immediately call the event "Flying Circus"! ;-) And all at once see how the graphics improved :-)

Attraction of participants in this way from other flight simulators is doubtful, and for the time of the advent of this Flying Circus, this will affect no more than playing the drum of an Indian shaman, causing rain. Or the work of these guys on calling planes ;-)

http://aestheticblasphemy.com/blog/quotables/philosophy/planes-dont-land/278

I think it's a desire to do something new without having anything new. The result will be only that there will not be many interesting aircraft on the event.

post-5613-0-44550400-1525344810_thumb.jpg

Well, to be hinest I expected to have more than two pilot concepts done for FC by May (more like a preorder ...). 

I still think this FiF should be advertised on BoX forums, because, why not :).

This FiF can also be a "sendoff" to these planes in RoF,  as with release of FC RoF will become more and more early war game. This is our last moment to fly these crates around in RoF FiF without the question of "shouldn't this be done in BoX instead" being raised.

I posted over there, but no interest so far.  

Same sh*t.

We have posted about almost every FIF season at BOX Forum last years. Even with videos and screenshot.

People react even to that:

"Oh, looks promiced and interesting!"

"Great, I'll surely take a part in it!"

"Call me when it starts, my Twitch channel is ready for that!"

Do you know how many new pilots did we get into FIF from the BOX forum?

Answer: ZERO

How many new pilots did we get into FIF from the ROF forum?

Answer: at least 4

I guess pilots who interested in WWI are all at the ROF forum already and will be same way involved in FC too. Pilots who are focused at BOX forum only will never come "back" to the flying "sewing machines". Unfortunately..

I fully agree and would like to add one important thing. People are consrevative in own tastes. And it is almost impossible to change it. I can give an easy example. Some time ago i personally invited some ROF squads to our BOS project. Nobody comes. Why ? I think all they have own day and time when they have free time for flying together, they do not change own habit. DCS got new exciting version 2.5, if i will invite your team on event, will somebody come ? I am sure not.