Pick Up Group (PUG) Announcements

Britchot

If some people would be available a little bid earlier: At least Greif and me will be online for some action too, starting probably somewhen between 1900 and 2000 UTC.

As we will fly some WW2 server you will find us in the TS Great Battles Channel.

49 minutes ago, =GenMarkof007= said:

S!

I might be online this afternoon for a few missions on the Finnish Server (IL2 BOX).

When: Thursday, January 14
Time:  2:30 pm (EST)
Server: Finnish Server (if available)!

ps: if anyone wants to learn how to fly any Allied planes... I might be able to help!

Best YT channel to learn from WW1 to DCS jets: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwV5RLX7mkaDy5gTIiuwGmg

Cheers,
GenMarkof

I'll be around, Gen, if you can ping me on Discord, I'd appreciate it and love to learn some from you!

Good news - I've got a phone interview for a new, 2nd job sometime this week so I might finally have enough spare money to afford a larger screen or a new VR for flight sims within the next couple of months, fingers crossed! :D

Hi Guys, will be flying tonight, targeting 2000 UTC for beeing online (maybe even a bid ealier). Would like to fly TAW Axis side, if server population allows ...

Btw. 1: There was a map rotation, so every pilot has a fresh plane set!

Btw 2: Don't forget to inform Britchot via this thread if you have newly registered so that he can add you to our squad 😉

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to fly this evening, anyone wishing to join will be welcome. 🙂

Platform: DCS

Airframe: I'll be flying the F-16C, but bring whatever you like.

Scenario: Can either try our hand on some public servers, or do some general practice privately. I'm still learning some of the finer points of the Viper, but am open to both options.

Time: 19:00 GMT+1 (BST)

11 hours ago, Vonrd said:

Could we make the PUG a subforum? 

The forums are pretty convoluted as it is, and the PUG thread is only reasonably used.  I can really only see a few pros to making it a whole separate forum, the major one is creating your own title to say “Flying Circus 22APR”, possibly gaining more attention to your post.  However, once this event passes, it just remains a single post with one or two responses.  

This differs from the practice posts within the squadrons that sometimes contain planning and/or debriefings. Also it can contain information that might want to be searched, later.

Personally, this is why we originally created the Discord server, to be a sort of paging system for people to meet.  The Europeans use WhatsApp (and, for whatever reason, so does my customer) and our Discord has been mostly utilized by the Racing League, which I’m 100% cool with. But it’s there.

The cons, though... The forums have been divided and subdivided, often to provide ease of reference for the separate squadrons.  Not everyone sees this organization as it was intended and posts things in the squadron-wide section, when it really only applies to one, or vice versa. Those of us with all three squadrons see everything, and it either seems that one more is not a big deal or another is just an eye sore.  And some only want to see what applies to them and an additional sub-forum would just get in the way of them sorting what they feel they need. 

That is my perspective.  If you have a heavier reasoning to add a new sub, please feel free to pitch the idea.  

Well, my argument pro own sub-forum(s) would be: You see directly on top-level of forum-page "ah, there is some activity planned => let's check if I can join". 

Basically, IF there would be sub-forums I would anyhow prefer one sub-forum per section per Section "Richthofen" "Oseau" and "Schmenkel". 

Why? Because then I would see at first glance "Ah, cool, someone planes to be active in WW2 or FC => let's check if it fits my evening plans" ... vs "Ah, ok, DCS action planned ... not relevant for me"

..well, to make it clear: Not high priority wish of mine, pure "nice to have". 😉