Razbam and ED angry at each other?

I fail to see why they chose to include us (the customers) in this ongoing struggle, they could just have said things have been delayed owing to issues beyond their control. In the end ED are the ones in control and whatever happens I am sure ED will continue giving us the best Air Combat Simulator available today. So I choose to ignore this as there is nothing I can do or add, so I will simply ignore it. It does raise the question about preordering from third party developers in the future though.

7 hours ago, Erhardt said:

I fail to see why they chose to include us (the customers) in this ongoing struggle, they could just have said things have been delayed owing to issues beyond their control. In the end ED are the ones in control and whatever happens I am sure ED will continue giving us the best Air Combat Simulator available today. So I choose to ignore this as there is nothing I can do or add, so I will simply ignore it. It does raise the question about preordering from third party developers in the future though.

I think RAZBAM was hoping for leverage over ED in their contract dispute, which is why RAZBAM aired the dirty laundry in public.

If the consumers (us) got angry enough at ED on RAZBAM's behalf, we could collectively apply the pressure needed to finalize things in RAZBAM's favor.

But of course, once you bring stuff to the court of public opinion, it gets hard to control the narrative.  Just head to Reddit or more open forums to see how out of control the discussions have gotten in the last few days.

As a result, RAZBAM has already posted messages on their Discord trying to reign the message back.

In case the twitter link is removed at some point, razbam_prowler (Ron Zambrano) says:

Dear customers and community,
RAZBAM Simulations is actively working with EAGLE DYNAMICS to reach an agreement to resolve our internal dispute and we don't want the discussion that our public declaration has generated to escalate any further.  We want to assure you that it has never been nor will it be our intention to abandon our products.  We look forward to a prompt and satisfactory resolution, turn the page, and move forward.

Best regards,
Ron Zambano
CEO
RAZBAM Simulations, LLC

As I've mentioned to @Britchot and @Karl Spackler (Trev), trying not to escalate after taking the nuclear option is kind of like screaming "won't someone think of the children!" while simultaneously throwing them on the freeway.

• 2 weeks later...

On their Discord, Razbam is still saying that they want a quick resolution.  They also said they don't want to hurt ED or DCS, as they're Razbam's primary business partner.

So, I'm still hopeful they'll figure things out.  But of course, it's hard to know what is actually going on.