What are you guys listening to?

Klaiber

• 2 weeks later...

A new one from my favorite channel, Playing for Change. 

Soulshine, written by Allman Brothers Band guitarist Warren Haynes is best known as a recording that The Allman Brothers Band released on their 1994 album, Where It All Begins, featuring Gregg Allman on vocals. The song's title originates from Haynes's nickname, given by his father.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey.... FWIW.... I put Sirius XM radio in my cars and I really have been enjoying it a lot. It comes out to less than $100 a year and the NO commercials is worth more than that alone. The first couple of months I probably said "wow.... I have not heard that in years" about 100 times. The car stereo place told me to just take the free subscription for however long it lasted ... 60 days...  maybe 90.... and then not renew and they would come back with a better priced offer. Also you didn't have to cancel through some process that you would forget or be unable and get re-enrolled. It stops, that is part of the deal, you have to make the effort to keep it going. I have been driving between San Antonio and Fort Worth a lot... and it has been a real treat. 

10 hours ago, wheelsup_cavu said:

The Ultimate James Bond Medley

I was not sure what to expect but they did a really good job. Brought back several memories of seeing quite a few of the movies at the theater when they first came out too.

Wheels

Yeah, they did a really good job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I dont know if this is the right place to put it because it seems most people put music here however I have been listening to a lot of Dan Carlin's "Hardcore History" podcast. If you like a history at all, give him a shot! I highly recommend to go to his website and look at his older stuff too. His youtube has some stuff to browse but my all-time FAVORITE is one called "The what-ifs of 1066".

2 hours ago, Raptor said:

So I dont know if this is the right place to put it because it seems most people put music here however I have been listening to a lot of Dan Carlin's "Hardcore History" podcast. If you like a history at all, give him a shot! I highly recommend to go to his website and look at his older stuff too. His youtube has some stuff to browse but my all-time FAVORITE is one called "The what-ifs of 1066".

His overview of WW1 is fantastic.

6 minutes ago, Klaiber said:

His overview of WW1 is fantastic.

Ohhhh I love that as well! When he describes the elation of the Germans when they have Paris in sight only to turn away to fight somewhere else is really well done. How he presented it really gave me a perception of what they felt as they were so close yet so far...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...