DCS Skin Submission

Vonrd

It looks great Vonrd!

When you have the link to the file, could you please send it to me?

4 hours ago, Vonrd said:

Twente airfield, Germany January 1944

4 hours ago, Vonrd said:

This aircraft was shot down on the 14th January 1945 during the ill fated Operation Bodenplatte.

01 Skin Frame.jpg

I think your date is off in your DCS website image.  Shouldn't it be 1945?

On 6/3/2023 at 1:00 AM, Vonrd said:

MiG-29's DDR Gray "Q" skins. I was going to do green as well but CHSubZero already made nice ones. Find them here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3322434/

These are already in the Paint Pack. :)

On 6/3/2023 at 1:00 AM, Vonrd said:

Thanks, I'll add it.

17 hours ago, Vonrd said:

@JayMore Here you go

Looks great.  I'll add it.

Focke-Wulf Fw-190A-4, W.Nr. 5533 of 6./JG1 as flown by Oblt. Wolfgang Leonhardt; Woensdrecht, Netherlands, October 1942. Leonhardt scored five kills over the course of the War, before meeting his demise on February 4, 1943 whilst engaging an Allied bomber. I played with the tire_D and the tire normal files to bring out the lettering. I hadn't realized that they were Continentals. Submitted to User Files. Here's the link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3331242/

001 frame.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.JPG

006.jpg

007.jpg

m4gKKZc.thumb.jpg.b3d226785bda43347e389d528b27edc2.jpg

Focke Wulf Fw-190A-6 of 1./JG1, White 9 flown by Heinz-Gunther Luck, W.Nr. 550375 at Schipol,Holland, September, 1943.

Leutnant Heinz-Gunther Luck was originally assigned to I./JG 1 and spent a short time with II. /JG 1. By the end of WWII he had 6 aerial victories, all were B-17s. Five victories were earned with I./JG 1 and one with II./JG1. One of his I./JG 1 FW-190A-6 victories came at the expense of the B-17 “Flak Happy” from the 96th BG, 337th BS that was shot down on October 8, 1943 at Neuscharrel, Germany. Lt. Luck’s personal insignia displayed on the left side of the aircraft is his dog “Lucki”.

Uploaded to DCS User Files.

001 Skin Frame.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006 Heinz Gunther Luck.jpg

007.jpg

On 6/11/2023 at 8:37 PM, Vonrd said:

Focke Wulf Fw-190A-6 of 1./JG1, White 9 flown by Heinz-Gunther Luck, W.Nr. 550375 at Schipol,Holland, September, 1943.

Leutnant Heinz-Gunther Luck was originally assigned to I./JG 1 and spent a short time with II. /JG 1. By the end of WWII he had 6 aerial victories, all were B-17s. Five victories were earned with I./JG 1 and one with II./JG1. One of his I./JG 1 FW-190A-6 victories came at the expense of the B-17 “Flak Happy” from the 96th BG, 337th BS that was shot down on October 8, 1943 at Neuscharrel, Germany. Lt. Luck’s personal insignia displayed on the left side of the aircraft is his dog “Lucki”.

Uploaded to DCS User Files.

001 Skin Frame.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006 Heinz Gunther Luck.jpg

007.jpg

Thanks Von.  Got it.

For everyone who wants to get it before the next Paint Pack, here is the direct link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3331360/

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Klaiber said:

@Vonrd - did you want me to release another paint pack update for DCS?  Or did you have more in the pipeline?

I almost always have something in the pipeline  🥳  but currently nothing of consequence. Ideas / requests always welcome. I don't even remember what is waiting in the pipeline. Might as well post it?

• 4 weeks later...

359th BS_303rd BG_BN-U_Thunderbird

This is a submission for the B-17G Livery Competition. It includes two skins, one a detailed 'Thunderbird' and one plain and without the distinguishing markings of 'Thunderbird" as specified in the competition. Speculars are used but I will change to roughmets if the developers decide to upgrade the B-17 to PBR. The detailed skin depicts Serial number 42-38050, a B-17G-25-DL,  code: BN U, nicknamed "Thunderbird". The plane flew 112 combat missions with the 359th Bombardment Squadron of the 303rd Bombardment Group. She reputedly was crewed by 538 different airmen, none of whom suffered an injury aboard Thunderbird. Returned to the United States after the war, she was sent to Kingman Army Airfield, Arizona, where she was scrapped. This plane is the subject of a large mural in the World War II Gallery of the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C., entitled "Fortresses Under Fire", completed 1975–1976. by Keith Ferris and depicts Thunderbird on her 70th mission to Wiesbaden.

I spent quite a bit of time working on details and weathering and want to note some of them. 1)Overlay ("Scab") patches are placed as depicted on the original photo. Normal map modified to simulate the thickness of the overlaying patches. A flush patch is on the inboard #2 engine cowling.* Paint was worn, discolored and chipped as per the original photo. 2) Mud spatters added to areas of the landing gear bays and mud stains added to tires. 3) Actual photos of the turbo and exhaust piping overlayed to better simulate those areas. 4) As per the profile by Mark Styling the rudder is shown as re-coverd but in only silver dope. Also, the de-ice boots have been removed showing bare metal (I have real life experience removing boots and the toluene solvent used to loosen them and remove the adhesive would surely dissolve any zinc chromate primer and paint thus leaving bare metal). Special thanks to Warlord64 for showing how to keep the prop domes black with engines running!

Submitted to User Files. Will post link once it's approved.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.JPG

07.jpg

01.jpg