What are you guys listening to?

Klaiber

I just saw this...  what a crack up... how many of those odd albums I had.... Switched on Bach, Court of the Crimson King (that was a REAL shocker)  I was surprised I didn't see Michael Oldfield "Tubular Bells"  which came out (and I had it) WAY before "The Exorcist" used it for the them to their movie. Hokey smokes... you got sick of it because they played it about every 20 minutes back then. I liked the back side of the album Opus One finale as I heard it on the local rock station and went out and bought the album. I had no idea about the Exorcist thing and I kept hearing the tune... I thought... wow... that album must be getting really popular... it was not until I was forced to go to the movies (hate them) on a date that the movie was ... guess what that I realized what I had been hearing.

I think I bought my last "album" back in college in the 70's and it was all Deutsche Grammophon recordings of Mozart, Wagner, Liszt, Beethoven, Handel, Brahms...  you know...  the long hair guys. I had a couple of friends that were audiophiles and they went absolutely BAT-##$% when "Napster" was in bloom and they tried to download every song ever written/recorded.  So, I got anything I wanted from them after that.

Oh wow... I just saw that...  Al Stewart "Roads to Moscow"  I was in my room in highschool and had the radio on working on something... and I heard this song...  ok... song...   and not paying attention I heard "General Guderian stands at the crest of the hill"  and I thought... WTF??? what did I just hear?  No way... someone would write a song with that line in it... and I paid attention to the rest of the song....  yup... had to hop in my Fiat 850 Spyder and head to the record store in the mall. I remember the guy at the register said in answer to my querry.... "Al who?"

• 1 month later...