Clod / BOS merger?????

Labroisse

S!

"Later in 2017, the first commercial add-on for Cliffs of Dover will be released. The add-on will be focused on the North Africa theater and will update the engine to DirectX 11 and include new airplanes, a new map and other content and improvements."

I have no words to say how I´m happy with this! I think...

Just the same week they released version 2.006 for BoS with DX11 as the big expectation.

My compass is more like a propeller... why 1C is doing that? No make sense for me. Any way, more options for us, better for us.

O.O. I think this is the best Christmas gift the flight sim community has recently received!

Here's to the 5.0 update being even better than we'd anticipated!

Also, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! I'll preorder that expansion right now if I could.

Hopefully their involvement with CloD will help nudge the Bo"X" series in a direction that involves more realistic flight and damage dynamics.

S!

"Later in 2017, the first commercial add-on for Cliffs of Dover will be released. The add-on will be focused on the North Africa theater and will update the engine to DirectX 11 and include new airplanes, a new map and other content and improvements."

why 1C is doing that? 

See above... It would be additional revenue, especially since TF has done so much work as unpaid volunteers. Great news though! I'll happily pay... credit card is primed and ready!

Hopefully the issue of Windoze update KB2670838 will be resolved with CLOD shift to DX11 since that update is now required for BOS since the latest update and ClOD doesn't play well with that update.

The merger is more that 1C now regained ownership of CloD and they're collaborating with Team Fusion to improve the product.  

I'm sure it's motivated by greed, since they see the potential revenue gain from the work that TF has done and is doing.  In the end, if everyone benefits from it, I'll open my wallet and show my support.  The Team Fusion guys deserve a lot of credit for the work they have done for free so far with what limited resources they've had.  With the source code and the financial backing of a commercial release I'd imagine that the future 5.0 update just got a WHOLE LOT better.