Black September

Butzzell

14 minutes ago, Klaiber said:

Haha.  Unfortunately, I didn't register. :(  Too much going on with new house.  Though... I'm dying to fly Flying Circus with the group!

I really don't think that's any big deal....I'll bet you could simply register on the stats server, whenever; and I doubt anybody at all would have any beefs.  So long as the server wasn't completely full and both sides were reasonably balanced.  This event, this year, seems a lot less formal and hard-lined, since it is breaking new ground and things are being learned as they progress.  Of course I won't speak for the organizers, but it's a simple matter of asking, and IMHO the chances of a no answer seem pretty remote.

I personally like the way it's being handled and think they're doing a great job.  Everybody seems to be having a lot of fun.  I think it's going to be well-remembered for a long time.  I would definitely recommend trying to get in on it if at all possible, before it's over for the year.

7 minutes ago, GenMarkof007 said:

If one should take a weekend off, that should be me.

That is very decent of you, and I plan to be there, regardless.  Even if I only get to talk to people waiting, or the organizers, I still want to be there.  Flying will be secondary, but nice, if possible.  I feel the same as you, there are others with no or little flight time that need to get a taste of the fun before me, next week.

S!

Klai- you are more than welcome to join in if you get the opportunity. 

A few things... Next week the serrver password WILL be in effect. Also, the timer for death penalties will be running so there will be no questions as to whether or not you can re-fly.

Hope everyone is having a good time, we are and we're learning a lot as well.

GC

On 9/9/2019 at 6:01 AM, Heinrich said:

Fly > die > move to reserve Teamspeak channel > serve your 20 minute death penalty.
If there are no reserves waiting their turn to enter game, THEN you can be a backseat gunner in a two-seater during 20-minute death penalty > fly > die > repeat cycle.

Thanks for bringing this up Heinrich.    The most important part to this is, "If there are no reserves waiting their turn to enter the game, THEN....." 

This will require pilots reminding each other when they die, to get out of server and look on TS to see if there are reserves (if there are, go up to the reserves channel and ask who is next in line and tell them what Teamspeak channel to report to replace you.

Excepting for the above, Black September is intended to be server enforced.  If you can refly (or get in a backseat during your timeout as long as there are no reserves waiting to take your place), then you can fly.

Thanks for all your interest and support and participation.  Everyone is welcome and we really appreciate anyone who is willing to fly based on keeping the sides level for this campaign.

For all J5 and JG1:

I was wondering if anybody in JG1 would be interested in flying as part of the Red Team (Entente) in week 3.  J5 "sacrificed" and flew Entente in week 2 to even teams up.  If this is needed in week 3, I for one would love a chance to fly Entente.  I'm also under the impression that J5 has flown on the Entente side more than they might really have wanted to in many events.

I like the fact that this year's event isn't set in stone, and even though I prefer to fly with my squad-mates, I don't mind switching sides at all (if my mates are in agreement), to keep everybody happy....and give J5 a chance to fly on their native side.  In fact, the chance to fly with new team mates is pretty cool, within an event, IMHO.

If you're in agreement with me or just plain want to post an opinion of any kind, please do.  I'm having a great time either way.  It is nice to know ahead of time though, so I (we) can get some practice in the "enemy" crates.

S!

On 9/14/2019 at 7:24 AM, Etzel said:

For todays session I won't make it, looking forward to next week were I should be able to participate again!

Salute & Have fun guys, hope to see some vids from this session 😉

@Etzel

Hotlead's stream

Britchot's stream

Baer's live stream

What a great time we had flying together on the Entente side this week 3 of B.S. !

A couple of valiant J6 fellows may have been set upon by us, without us knowing it at the time.  They caused us to be captured, in at least a couple of cases.  S!  J6 and all of the other Central folks we encountered!