FC New Skins Submission Thread [DISCUSSIONS]

Britchot

ALL:

Just wanted to call your attention to this post concerning the main JG1 FiF skin pack:

If you overwrite your existing files with the skin pack files, it's possible you'll lose correct, current updated versions of my files.  If that happens, you can correct it by downloading the updated versions of the problem files in that post.

If you're at any point confused, you can always get the most updated and correct files for ALL of my skins

HERE

You can't go wrong by overwriting whatever you have with what's contained in that download.  Apologies for the confusion, many thanks for your indulgence.

S!

4 hours ago, AngryGoat said:

I just noticed that my dr1 with the early war crosses was my old design(before I knew about Alpha Channels and all that fun stuff). if you could please overwrite my other one with the one I personally use? sorry for the inconvenience. I should've noticed earlier

revised1.jpg

! JG1 FokkerDr1 Goat.zip 8.63 MB · 0 downloads

Hello Goat,

Your Camel, Dolphin and Spad are also without Alpha I noticed. This DrI looks real nice it's in my inventory already! Are you going to redo the other Germans as well?

One by one I like your skins, but when I would meet you in the air, I wouldn't have a clue who I'm looking at.
May I suggest that when you look over all your skins, try to put something on it to create a style that everybody can recognize as yours. 
Like the yellow curl of Luftritter, the sunburst of Hotlead, the red nose of Gen or the red wing of Butzzell. 

28 minutes ago, Heinrich said:

Hello Goat,

Your Camel, Dolphin and Spad are also without Alpha I noticed. This DrI looks real nice it's in my inventory already! Are you going to redo the other Germans as well?

One by one I like your skins, but when I would meet you in the air, I wouldn't have a clue who I'm looking at.
May I suggest that when you look over all your skins, try to put something on it to create a style that everybody can recognize as yours. 
Like the yellow curl of Luftritter, the sunburst of Hotlead, the red nose of Gen or the red wing of Butzzell. 

Heinrich,

the dolphin and spad I hardly ever fly. i'll try to redo the paint schemes when I get motivated... as well as my 2 seaters. the camel without the alpha…  feel free to delete. I've already redone and you should already have. it's brown and black with the markings of my personal chest tattoo with a caption "Lone wolf" and my personal last name initial P(which is totally understandable for being confusing)  besides the camel, my personal markings are the angry goat roundels and hearts with skull and crossbones. other than that all my aircraft have jasta 11 red. as well as most of my aircraft have "angry goat" written in German on the elevators. it's pretty uniform in the sense of personal markings. I'm pretty sure when we're in the air you'll know its me.  none of my wingmen have had problems with recognition. You just gotta get more flight time with the goat. after the third time I save you... you'll remember. just ask Luft. 😉

8 hours ago, AngryGoat said:

if you could please overwrite my other one with the one I personally use? sorry for the inconvenience. I should've noticed earlier

Better figure out the file names, buddy.  Before putting this file in, I have 4 different Dr.I files for you; two sets of them the same or nearly the same, with two different file names.

The "early" ones are:

! JG1 FokkerDr1 Goat.dds   (*)

! JG1 FokkerDr1 JG1 Goat Early.dds

(both of those are the same file)

Then the "late" ones:

! JG1 FokkerDr1 JG1 Goat.dds

! JG1 FokkerDr1 Goat B.dds  (*)

I deleted the ones which I assume are obsolete, keeping the ones that match the naming convention most closely.  Hopefully those will match the file names of the ones you use, or else I won't see them when you choose them.  I put an asterisk by the ones I kept; hopefully those coincide with yours.  So the early one is the one you just posted above, and the late one is the one that doesn't contain any yellow.

Fingers crossed   😉

• 3 weeks later...

Couldn't resist posting these pics, even though they may not be the final version.  SOMEBODY is getting a new SPAD:

Hotlead.jpg

Hotlead-2.jpg

Hotlead-3.jpg

Hotlead-4.jpg

For the forward fuselage I used a hyperbolic curve and created a graphic file that I hope will be used again on his other planes, if possible.

Hotlead is totally responsible for the design, other than the wheels and the wing sunray.

I have to say, I'm jealous  😁

Hello @Pragr,

Yes, there will be anonymous for the scouts. It's in the final phase. There will be basically an early and a late variant per A/C with the latter being a bit more colorful. With a Fokker D7 it comes also in a green, 4 or 5 color lozenge camouflage.
Now in the FiF paint pack you'll find skins per Jasta with the word STANDARD in the name. Those were the early try outs. 
I hope we make the finalized skins available in the next Skin package. 
Those basic skins will be the under layer for personal markings (that is the idea). After finishing the FC A/C I'll start with the WW II A/C.

BTW your not a stranger, and if you want me to create a personal Pragr skin: send me a PM with your ideas. I can do the same for the Entente A/C.

• 4 weeks later...

@Heinrich Don't mean to be a party-pooper, but just wanted to point out that the Schusta 26 "flames" that inspired your Jasta 4 skins aren't unique to 'Number 5', but are actually Schusta 26's Squadron markings (when painted in red!) 

the Entente planes look great. The SPAD with the SAFCA factory Camo is an especially nice touch - although I might be a little biased, as my current SPAD is a SAFCA as well ;) 

7 hours ago, DeFreest Larner said:

@Heinrich Don't mean to be a party-pooper, but just wanted to point out that the Schusta 26 "flames" that inspired your Jasta 4 skins aren't unique to 'Number 5', but are actually Schusta 26's Squadron markings (when painted in red!) 

I know J5 started a separate bombing organization within their group.  I don't remember what name it was....wouldn't be Schusta 26, would it?  I thought it was Schusta something-or-other.

10 hours ago, DeFreest Larner said:

Don't mean to be a party-pooper, but just wanted to point out that the Schusta 26 "flames" that inspired your Jasta 4 skins aren't unique to 'Number 5', but are actually Schusta 26's Squadron markings (when painted in red!)

That's what I wrote, didn't I? Besides it's an inspiration and not a copy, otherwise I wouldn't have used it on the 1-seaters.

3 hours ago, Luftritter said:

I know J5 started a separate bombing organization within their group.  I don't remember what name it was....wouldn't be Schusta 26, would it?  I thought it was Schusta something-or-other.

No. I'm save, J5 choose for Schlachtstaffel 27b, which I think is more correct than a Schusta. But wasn't Schlasta 27, the old JG1 bomber wing? Besides that maybe not the best choice for J5, Schlasta 27 had black and with striped tails like J6 has. 

Btw. Guys: I detected that I have 2 personell Skins for the Albatross D.V. Who ever did them for me => Many Many thanks! But as I have a clear preference for the "Etzel b" one, the other one can be deleted in the next consolidated download file....

And btw.: Will there be somewhen a consolidated overall zip-file with all actual Skins of WW1 and WW2?

This would be great, also because of the Rooster-Changes I think I need somewhen simply to delete everything and download new, to avoid having too much obsolete skins in the folders... Not only that it takes disc space, it's also annoyning in the game when u have a list of 20 or more skins you always have to search through